Trailer brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it was a NO-GO with hauling the tractor today, I tried adjusting them more with little improvement. I took a tire off and one shoe was almost completly worn down, spring broken, rusted all to hell.:banghead: So I brought the trailer back to its owner and mentioned the brakes needed to be overhauled. His next words were, and I quote "oh ya I know they are bad they have been out for a few years" :whymewhyme:The sad part is this trailer is an 12/2006. so in another words he ran it till they completly stopped working and never messed with them.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nope the owner of said tractor got ahold of family friend who said he would haul it.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Nice.. Although I might have tried the parachute idea... I know we used to use them during practice at soccer. That gets tough to run with

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it was either

a) haul with no trailer brakes (not gonna happen)
b) try your chutes
c) rent a trailer for god only knows how much
d) find someone else to haul it
e) drive it ~20 miles and thru town to get it home (this one would have happened if other person couldn't haul it)

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I woulda drove it, atleast there were other options and the owner of the trailer didnt screw yall over