Torque Wrench of choice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use the beam style torque wrench. Ive seen too many of the other types break and not read correctly to make me own one of them.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
This is the one I have. http://www.matcotools.com/catalog/product/ETWC250F/1-2-DRIVE-ELECTRONIC-TORQUE-WRENCH-WITH-ANGLE/ I love it. Does angle which helps with torque to yield bolts. I've had no problems with mine! The only thing most ppl don't like about it is it doesn't click when the bolt is torqued, it beeps.

*CHOKE* $520?! Insane..!
Unsure of the torque to yield bolts.. Gets to a certain ft lbs of torque, then 90* or like a 1/4 turn kindof thing?

I use the beam style torque wrench. Ive seen too many of the other types break and not read correctly to make me own one of them.
I think I may go with the beam style.. i figured it may be hard to read in some tight areas?
But most of the click style don't go below 10 ft lbs.
Valve covers go to 3 ft lbs IIRC.. i don't care to get them exact for that, but it is nice.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I have a craftsman (I think) that clicks when it's tight.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
*CHOKE* $520?! Insane..!
Unsure of the torque to yield bolts.. Gets to a certain ft lbs of torque, then 90* or like a 1/4 turn kindof thing?

Yeh it does the torque then the degrees needed. It was expensive but worth it when you have to use it about once a week changing camshafts on the nnbs's

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive got 2 Westward tool ones and a Craftsman old school one that has the swinging metal rod that tells you the torque

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
What range are we talking about? I went with cornwell that went up to 250 ft-lbs because i needed it for truck lug nuts. The ratchet is super smooth.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I would like a 0-75 aswell as a larger one for doing up to lug nuts.

Ideally I would like to torque every last nut on the bloody thing lol..
I used to be a "white knuckler" but I'm working my way out of that