Suburban notch ( Passenger bracket ) in the way riveted where the notch sets.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dead in the middle as I posting this
(stuck) doing this Bolt-on C notch on my 99 suburban with belltech useless instructions.
So I ran across a weird angle beam support bracket that comes from the center rear frame-tie support it’s mostly near the passenger side . It ties into the passenger frame rail that is riveted right where you have to remove the section of notch. For the new bolt on.
i’m assuming I can just cut the whole thing out they do not show it in the PDF illustrations or mention it in any of the instructions. This is a weird passenger side, only bracket.
There is another issue with the
shock bracket over hang .
The other is the end of the (shock) bracket that over hangs into the
( new) notch area?

Should I trim that over hang off the one with the White arrow pointing at the
( shock bracket ) it already has two other solid rivets .

The bracket with the ( Blue) arrow , what should I do with that in my way. No idea what it does but support the passenger side only seems useless.. and no real structural integrity with that bracket . Either way they’re right in the way there’s no way they belong there if a bolt on notch kit is made for this vehicle.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Is this a 1500 or 2500? We just ran into the same exact issue with our 99 C2500 suburban build.

I definitely would not remove it. It may not look load bearing but it is intended to help support the load the shock absorbers experience, it is only on the driver side because these trucks have staggered socks. I wound up cutting that hole out, leaving the other two in place and welding the corner I cut to the chassis for extra precaution.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is this a 1500 or 2500? We just ran into the same exact issue with our 99 C2500 suburban build.

I definitely would not remove it. It may not look load bearing but it is intended to help support the load the shock absorbers experience, it is only on the driver side because these trucks have staggered socks. I wound up cutting that hole out, leaving the other two in place and welding the corner I cut to the chassis for extra precaution.
I’m gonna fit the notch and cut that tab off the corner and end up just having it all welded in place
I did just that ! No time for delays .. got one side in done ..
Pickup trucks are way more straight forward then the tilted frame rail.. on these suvs .. I learned that fast .
I don’t think them bracket ends i cut matter I just can’t see it being detrimental to the rigidity of anything…but I may still weld them to the notch from the back side if need be.