Too many Oxygen sensors!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No worries, it happens to the best of us.

Nope, EPA regs are applied to manufacturers not consumers (buyers). It is illegal for a buyer to tamper with or remove an emissions control device for a road going vehicle, however by definition off road vehicles (which are not required to have registration, and are thus not able to be legally used on-road) don't have to meet federal emissions standards.
Additionally, there are no federal emissions testing stations; the responsibility for ensuring that road going vehicles meet emissions standards has been passed on to the states (like registration, licenses to operate, etc.) and they enforce (or don't enforce) how and where they want.

If ICE, FBI, CBP, or any other federal agents put a mirror under your vehicle, they ain't looking for emissions violations...

That's good to know.

Calling an attempt to protect the environment by the agency created to oversee environmental protection is hardly over reach, that's literally what they're supposed to do.
That being said, I agree that this particular area of enforcement is unnecessary and unhelpful, (also I hate it because it would ruin some of my favorite things to do) and we should let our representatives know we aren't in favor of it. There are better ways to clean up the environment.

Yeah by outlawing gas engines and diesels period lol

Jk.. jk.....

Never in a million years would I want that. I personally love my burb. Great 5.7, 15 city, and 44g tank that's not scared to take a few minutes at the pump while everybody next to me already left.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Jk.. jk.....

Never in a million years would I want that. I personally love my burb. Great 5.7, 15 city, and 44g tank that's not scared to take a few minutes at the pump while everybody next to me already left.

44 gallons is insane. Can you go across the state to the panhandle on a single tank? Probably! That's larger than house's water heater capacity. I wish mine had a tank that size... BTW, did you get your rig running again? I haven't been keeping up with your other thread you created...

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jk.. jk.....

Yeah, they want to do that, but we can not let them....

As @Erik the Awful noted, there is plenty of middle ground where we can have cleaner and better vehicles and still enjoy our trucks etc.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
44 gallons is insane. Can you go across the state to the panhandle on a single tank? Probably! That's larger than house's water heater capacity. I wish mine had a tank that size... BTW, did you get your rig running again? I haven't been keeping up with your other thread you created...

Yes as of 2003ish. We made it to el Paso I believe .
And not yet. Been tinkering with it but nothing drastic. Just finally switch from part time to full time. All I gotta do this year is catch up with Bill's and them its play time for the burb

Highwayman

Reaction score
Voter fraud is against federal law, plus I don’t live anywhere near anyplace were the feds give a damn.. only bureaucrats.. thank you to everyone else for the suggestion. A big help knowing whic pair controls what

94_Z71

Reaction score
You can remove the two rear O2 sensors, then have Black Bear program your computer with rear O2 sensor delete. That's what I did on mine. No vehicle really needs four O2 sensors.

jmp417

Reaction score
As mentioned, the 2 front 02 sensors adjust fuel trim. The 2 rear 02 sensors, basically let the ECM know the cats are working by comparing the 02 level before and after the cats. Yes this can be tuned out, also there are simulators that can be installed. There are 2 types. One is done with an electrical resistors and other electronic parts. Youtube has videos on making them. And there is a simulator made from 4 spark plug nin fouler spacers with a little piece of the honey comb material that is inside of the cat it self. You have to cut and grind the honey comb to fit inside of the non fouler. Use a mask when grinding, along with eye protection. I made a set of the simulators when I gutted my cats with that material from the cats and the spark plug spacers. They have been on my truck for several years, never a CEL. It works better with 2 different size non foulers. The longer one goes closest to the cat with the honey comb inside. Here are a few pics of mine.
You must be registered for see images attach
wow, thanks! very nice write up!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
wow, thanks! very nice write up!
No problem. They have been on my truck for a long time ( maybe 5 years IDK) and I never had a CEL because of no cats after I installed them.