To all TBI owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
theres either a flaw in this timing thing or my truck still hates me. my timing according to the shop is perfect, although when i drive it it bogs down through each gear and stumbles to regain power. meaning it misses and just has an all around rough time until its stable which it then skyrockets itself through rpms until then becoming what it should be.

8-10 degrees i will try next, otherwise sometimes its not always timing.

Interested in seeing what you find out. Mines doing the ol bog bog bog rooooooooockettttt, and has been doing this for a long time, lol.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
mines so bad i can barely safely drive her. my friend said his 98 did that with fuel filter, my other friend with a lifted 91 said his was kickdown cable, im thinking timing cause it wasnt this bad before i did heads and intake rebuild.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
mines so bad i can barely safely drive her. my friend said his 98 did that with fuel filter, my other friend with a lifted 91 said his was kickdown cable, im thinking timing cause it wasnt this bad before i did heads and intake rebuild.

If you removed your timing chain or replaced it you may have it a tooth or two off

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
negative ghost rider, didnt mess with cam at all. just heads, pushrods, rockers, and intake.

10-4, in that case reset your distributor, may have gotten it a tooth or two off. That's why I love my Pontiacs, distributor is separate and the timing cover and water pump all come off together, among many other supperiorities to Chevrolet engines (don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Chevy's, but would replace them with a Pontiac in a heartbeat)

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
It may still be off. I'm not discounting you but even when it's off, it will read 0 with a light when turned to 0. Wouldn't hurt to re-stab it just to be sure. I've had it happen multiple times, and I've stabbed dizzies more times than I care to count, it's just one of those things that can happen no matter how experienced you are with it.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
im not even experienced until this truck, ive done it a good 4 times so far each time back to zero and not a thing helped, ill try advancing it from zero but if its advanced from the get go it wont do a darn thing.