Tires....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well it's that time, the red stallion needs new shoes, anyone got any recommendations for a every now n then dd/ weekend warrior/ tow rig? Sorry if I threw this in the wrong place I'm new lol

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I like falken wild peaks theyre a good A/T i have dura tracs right now and like them so far

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
general grabbers, bfg a/t, kelly safari tsrs, micket thompson mtz's are all good on off road tires. cooper discoverers for on road, they suck off road though.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Yea I'm kinda leaning towards the duratracs but I've never really seen anyone with them. How are they in mud & snow cuz I've got stuck in them both

bigboi

Reaction score
Be careful if your truck is heavy. My boss went through 2 sets of duratracs on his F250 in a year. Uneven wear, cupping, a couple of the lugs were torn apart, and a lot of other things went wrong. Tire shop said his truck was too heavy (2013 eclb king ranch)

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I run Duratrack 285's on the ram in the winter, their studded too, and they are amazing winter/deep snow tires. I really couldn't complain about them at all. Summer tires I run the 305 Mickey Thompson ATZ's, I love them. I took the truck off road once or twice and I couldn't complain one bit. Great all around tire. I do mostly highway driving with the truck, and I think I probably put 40k KM on the tires and the still look new, same with the duratracs, maybe 20-30K... still look brand new.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I had a set of grabbers on my Colorado, they were the worst tire I have ever had on anything. They were great on dirt and sand but they would get stuck just lookin at mud and snow and the wear sucked for how light the thing was. So I unloaded them on craigslist after about 15xxx. Seriously my 2wd ranger with bologna tires went through more snow then those would. I had a boss with a f150 plow truck on cooper stt tires and they seemed good until this past winter then I was pulling him out left and right.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Be careful if your truck is heavy. My boss went through 2 sets of duratracs on his F250 in a year. Uneven wear, cupping, a couple of the lugs were torn apart, and a lot of other things went wrong. Tire shop said his truck was too heavy (2013 eclb king ranch)

Really? My dad is on his second or third set of duratracs, first on his Savanah van, now on his tayota Sequioa, and he has to put easily over 150K KM on them... We've had great experience with them. This is the first time I run them, on a 2013 Ram Sport 4x4 Crew cab sport box ... No complaints so far ...