Tires....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a set of grabbers on my Colorado, they were the worst tire I have ever had on anything. They were great on dirt and sand but they would get stuck just lookin at mud and snow and the wear sucked for how light the thing was. So I unloaded them on craigslist after about 15xxx. Seriously my 2wd ranger with bologna tires went through more snow then those would. I had a boss with a f150 plow truck on cooper stt tires and they seemed good until this past winter then I was pulling him out left and right.

That's the first bad review I've ever seen on Grabbers :think: Most people really like them :shrug:

Well it's that time, the red stallion needs new shoes, anyone got any recommendations for a dd/ weekend warrior/ tow rig? Sorry if I threw this in the wrong place I'm new lol

I have Firestone A/T's at the moment but my next set will probably be General Grabber AT2's.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Yea I seriously hate those things lol. I got stuck in my girlfriends plowed driveway in 4 low with those., my uncles driveway, and a couple shallow mud pits. I had 300lbs of sand in the bed too (not in the mud). But they do dig really well in the snow, I was throwin 100 ft rooster tails of dirt n snow at the neighbors house (I wasn't makin any friends that day lol). But they did really well at silver lake dunes and all the dirt roads they tore up. What do ya think of the destanations?

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I seriously hate those things lol. I got stuck in my girlfriends plowed driveway in 4 low with those., my uncles driveway, and a couple shallow mud pits. I had 300lbs of sand in the bed too (not in the mud). But they do dig really well in the snow, I was throwin 100 ft rooster tails of dirt n snow at the neighbors house (I wasn't makin any friends that day lol). But they did really well at silver lake dunes and all the dirt roads they tore up. What do ya think of the destanations?

They're good in the snow... A little road noise but not bad.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I got my 265 XMT buckshot mudders in a 10 ply for $646 shipped from national tire and wheel. I absolutely love them.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Yea but mud tires usually have softer tread and I do most if my drivin on the road. But dam that's really a good deal

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my 265 XMT buckshot mudders in a 10 ply for $646 shipped from national tire and wheel. I absolutely love them.

Probably good but mud tires suck royally if you're going to run a plow.