Tires....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Can't say iv ever been in enough snow to cause driving problems in my life lol. Some of these guys from canada should be able to give some insite.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My father and I both have these on our trucks and do not like how they perform in the snow at all. Anybody else have this problem?

They did great in the snow in 2wd for me :shrug: Passed lot's of 4x4's in the ditch...

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well I now know not to buy private brand all terrains. They dry crack like crazy, and the tread flys off. One of the ones on my tahoe disintegrated on my girlfriend last week. She and the hoe were just fine but it coulda been really bad. But on the bright side I got a set of 265/75 16 destanation LE's from tire star here in town for 200 bucks at prolly 45- 50% tread on 2 and 30-40% on the other 2. I think it was a good deal mounted and balanced. While I was there I found out that 285/75 16 mastercraft courser mxts are 775 for all 4 which I think is a good deal, soooo just maybe.

glfirefighter144

Whoa Black Betty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mom and dad run the bridgestone duelers a/t Revos on their 4xs without issue, pretty good off road but managable on road and not too loud, fairly decent snow tire and E rated as well i believe

i think the tires on my dually are courser at's and they do fairly well in snow, not taking it into any mud, but i bought the truck with them on it or else it would be a bridgestone or firestone on it as well,

i have XTerrains on the 1996 and they are pretty good everywhere but snow, and will eventually be changed out for firestone destination M/Ts

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
mom and dad run the bridgestone duelers a/t Revos on their 4xs without issue, pretty good off road but managable on road and not too loud, fairly decent snow tire and E rated as well i believe

i think the tires on my dually are courser at's and they do fairly well in snow, not taking it into any mud, but i bought the truck with them on it or else it would be a bridgestone or firestone on it as well,

i have XTerrains on the 1996 and they are pretty good everywhere but snow, and will eventually be changed out for firestone destination M/Ts

The destination M/T's suck in light snow and ice. There is no siping, just big lugs, but i think they're studdable

Sent from my Deere wrapped iphone

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Yeah it depends how much snow you generally see. For me during winter we get lots of snow and my parents live high up in the mountains off dirt roads that do not get plowed. In my opinion for city snow driving on plowed roads an aggressive A/T is best. However, if you drive unplowed roads they A/T's wont cut it. Mud terrains are the best for this because they have paddles and can clean themselves out. I just have to be careful on ice because muds and ice don't mix well.

jtlichty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They did great in the snow in 2wd for me :shrug: Passed lot's of 4x4's in the ditch...

That's so weird because I had so much trouble with them in 2wd, but in 4wd they were good. I'm starting to wonder if I noticed the difference because they are so much bigger than my old tires. Wider does not equal better on snow.

Steve95

Reaction score
On my old toyota I ran hankook dynapro ATM's. Badass tires. My dad has been running some in 35's on his superduty for a while now too. We both love me and I'll probably buy another pair of them.