Tint windows at home???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I also have always used the cheap stuff and not had any problems I don't know my blazer I did back in 06 still looks great .... Even if it's sitting the junkyard now :bawl:

Sent from my 6.0 powered android

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
But better quality tint is probably easier to work with

Sent from my 6.0 powered android

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
It bubbles because of improper installation guys not because of the tint quality. You could get the most expensive tint available but if you **** up the install its ****** from the get go.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
done my truck myself i find it helps to take the windows out and law them down easier to work with get a good squedigy and i hear if you put clean nail polish over the edges it helps keep it from peeling and lots of soapy water helps get it to look ok my windows look ok but they are not a profesinal job at all they look good from 20 feet

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It bubbles because of improper installation guys not because of the tint quality. You could get the most expensive tint available but if you **** up the install its ****** from the get go.

Bobby is correct, bubbles are caused by air getting under the film during the application. And if all the air isn't squezzeed out during application, the tint will lift causing bubbled.

With that being said, the cheap tint is absolute junk. And the "pre-cut" tint packages are also a joke. I can get a 100x better result cutting to length and trimming to an exact fit.

When applying tint, prep is key. Always start by razor blading the entire window multiple times, and making sure EVERY spec of dust is off the glass. ANY spec of dirt or dust WILL show up when the job is done if the glass isn't perfectly clean! We've done hundreds upon hundreds of tint jobs over the years, and using quality tint is what it takes to make a great looking tint stay great looking 10 years later!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's kinda what I figured, sounds to finese for me, any ballpark ideas on how much it would cost to tint an ex cab?

When I had my 07 done it was $155 for all the windows in it. If your rear already has privacy glass it usually runs $65 for the front two and a windshield strip.

redneck98

All the girls wanna ride!
Reaction score
155? damn i payed 45$ for my fronts and sides. i got 3 rolls from autozone. 1 for each front and 1 for both the back sides. its not hard just like everyone else says you need a good squegie and lots of warm soapy water.
heres 5% autozone tint
You must be registered for see images attach

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
I kno it cost me about 80 bucks for jus the front windows on my truck but has life time warranty for any defects. I priced the same guy that did my tint for the rest of the truck i think it was about 130, but i never got that done.