Timing cover/oil pan gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uncle-Monte

Reaction score
Looking for any new ideas on how to remove an oil pan to replace gasket to complete timing cover gasket job.
So far I have the starter out, the exhaust dropped, timing cover removed, and motor mounts pulled, and motor jacked up, but oil pan is still shy of coming out. At this point I have stalled out. Has anyone performed this operation before?

Ok I have been perusing posts and came across a post indicating the tires should be hanging and that may be enough room to get the clearance I need. I am on ramps now But I now have something to try.

Last edited:

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
You can also try turning the engine over a little with a socket on the crank pulley bolt. Sometimes the crank gets in the way of being able to wiggle the pan out.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Is the tranny touching the hump yet?If not remove the distributor cap,you might get a little more height that way.Also,try rotating the crankshaft so it goes up inside the block.I was able to remove the pan from my 454 doing it this way.

You beat me to it :lol:

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it 2wd or 4wd

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk