Time for new spider?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Classic-00-Crew

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to put a new head on the truck due to a crack. Didn't have the money after all that to fix this so I cleaned it up and put it back together. I'm in a little better situation now so I'm going to check it out. Can't tell everything by the pic but the whole spider block is pretty much wet and there's fluid around those back few injectors. Couldn't really tell exactly what it was though. Didn't seem slick enough for oil but it seemed too "thick" for fuel. Too many smells floating around to really tell either. If you look on the gasket flange it looks like oil but I have no idea how it would get up there other than it pulling brake fluid through the booster vacuum line. Not losing fluid or having brake issues though. Any thoughts?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
fuel pressure regulator is gone thats why its all wet to the back,I would replace the the whole spider get a delphi or standard brand spider they both have a 5 warranty.I did mine 3 yrs ago and this past year the fpr let go took unit out returned it got new one.

Classic-00-Crew

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
FPR could be the cause of it surging sometimes too then I guess. Only when it's in drive and I'm holding the brakes at a light or something.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats how mine started it was surging one morning by that afternoon it was overloading with fuel and backfiring just made it home before it completely flooded out.