Throttle Body Booster and Spacer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
So I heard that putting a throttle body spacer and booster will help your mpgs and power. Any truth to this? They seem pretty reasonable on price so I am really thinking of getting them

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
So I heard that putting a throttle body spacer and booster will help your mpgs and power. Any truth to this? They seem pretty reasonable on price so I am really thinking of getting them

Spacer is no good on Vortec engines, i have no idea about the booster though

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
The spacer on vortecs only lengthens the airflow because the injectors are in the manifold. In tbi engines, the spacer is below the injectors and gives the fuel more time to atomize

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The spacers only help on vehicles where the fuel is injected before the spacer. It allows more room for more air to mix with the fuel. The Vortec engines have the injectors in the manifold so a TB spacer will make no difference.

E: And M4 with the quick draw on me. :rofl:

Blazed

The Blazed One
Reaction score
This item has the same issue as the spacer, it moves air, as stated the vortec engines have the injectors in the manifold. Sorry bud this "booster" is junk too lol.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Well I went ahead and ordered one just to check it out. I figure for thirty bucks why not. They also have a cool return policy so if it does turn out to be junk I can just send it back! There was a review from someone with a 98 5.7 suburban and he gained three mpgs with it and another guy I know is running this and the spacer and says he gets 16 plus with 3.73s and 35s!