Thought's on this cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
its approaching 3 weeks ago. I understand im not the only Idiot asking for cam recommendations.

Start a thread here. Be assured you'll get better advice than from one of comp's sales associates.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
for ***** and giggles I will...

what do you have against Comp Cams?

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
very understandable. I wasnt aware that they are not a 100% American Company, do they buy there cam blanks over seas? or are there other parts made over seas?

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
very understandable. I wasnt aware that they are not a 100% American Company, do they buy there cam blanks over seas? or are there other parts made over seas?

I know they grind some of them right in Grand Haven MI, I used to work there. Engine Power Components.

fredgm

Reaction score
Hello.
What about marine vortec hr cam?
Look like thé ram jet 350 cam with 197/207 and 431/450 lift with 1,5 rocker..

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Among numerous other things, I dislike the amount of offshore manufacturing they utilize.

Every machine shop uses tool , electronics or metals from foreign country's some how . Its impossible not to . 99% of what every one owns is not made 100% in america as it is.
Then dont get me going about how certain company assemble x amount of there product in the united states to get the made in america sticker when in reality the manufacturing process is actually done in another country.
At the end of the day we cant have or cake and eat it to. Meaning we cant want world trade but close the doors to Americans buying from other country's.

JR
you know you can buy a bigger cam that makes it power farther up the rpm and advance it . Now it will make its power lower in the RPM range. But check P2V clearnce becasue the more you advance the cam the close it brings the exahust valve to the piston. You dont need to pull the heads to check either.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Every machine shop uses tool , electronics or metals from foreign country's some how . Its impossible not to . 99% of what every one owns is not made 100% in america as it is.
Then dont get me going about how certain company assemble x amount of there product in the united states to get the made in america sticker when in reality the manufacturing process is actually done in another country.
At the end of the day we cant have or cake and eat it to. Meaning we cant want world trade but close the doors to Americans buying from other country's.

JR
you know you can buy a bigger cam that makes it power farther up the rpm and advance it . Now it will make its power lower in the RPM range. But check P2V clearnce becasue the more you advance the cam the close it brings the exahust valve to the piston. You dont need to pull the heads to check either.

The only industry that doesn't use Chinese and North Korean materials is Aerospace.