Thought's on this cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
You could go to Comp Cams forum page, they gave me a pretty good recommendation for a camshaft for my 91. Also included what I had to do to make it work as well.

I wouldnt try Lunati or Howards, Complete waste of time filling out there forms, neither one of them got back to me.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
The other comp xfi grind that was posted will raise the powerband. No loss in low end means small cam. Look at the 395 cam. 196/206 duration and .431/.451 lift on 109 LSA. Don't bother with any of the LT1 cams, just leave them alone.

Someone posted no reply from lunati, that's weird because they're owned by comp, and Howards is a class act, likely one of the only companies that can actually say made in the USA and not lie. I've had great customer service from Howards.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
The other comp xfi grind that was posted will raise the powerband. No loss in low end means small cam. Look at the 395 cam. 196/206 duration and .431/.451 lift on 109 LSA. Don't bother with any of the LT1 cams, just leave them alone.

Someone posted no reply from lunati, that's weird because they're owned by comp, and Howards is a class act, likely one of the only companies that can actually say made in the USA and not lie. I've had great customer service from Howards.

I probably will do the 395, since it's so much cheaper than the other optoions if it will get the job done. I don't want to go too far with this engine anyway. If it can pull things and do the job, then I'll build a 383 for it eventually. If it can't, then I'll start looking at engine swaps.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score

filled Out both of there forms for Cam Recommendation, and received no response...... and I mean nothing not even in the junk folder.

there forms are pretty involved, so I was annoyed that no ***** were given.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Whatever you do I want and expect to know the outcome.

Those cam recommendation forms take about 3 days for a response

its approaching 3 weeks ago. I understand im not the only Idiot asking for cam recommendations.