Think I got a deal.. Let me know what you think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
OH YEAH? Uh umm I'll probably get ***** when I do an SAS...but I am impatient. Maybe my patience will have grown by that time.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
1. Yours was probably before everyone wanted to do it and jacked prices of axles up.
2. I'm gonna guess you had scrap stuff laying around that you used.
3. I went from having nothing for a sas to having it complete in less than a month so I consider my budget to be pretty damn good.

it was done back in 99, i used a 77 highboy axle swapped to 6 lug, bought 4" bds springs and brackets were stock 73-87 parts, started at noon and by 1 am i was back on the road and at 7am i drove it to milwaukee(45 mins away) to the nascar race, makes for a interesting shakedown run.

Last edited:

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
it was done back in 99, i used a 77 highboy axle swapped to 6 lug, bought 4" bds springs and brackets were stock 73-87 parts, started at noon and by 1 am i was back on the road and at 7am i drove it to milwaukee(45 mins away) to the nascar race, makes for a interesting shakedown run.

Still waiting for you to collect the parts for mine! LOL

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score

Haha ya my shakedown run was a 110 mile drive at 1 am to go back to school. I had work at 8 the next day and had to be there. Didn't get to finish the exhaust so my 454 had open manifolds, couple that with no ac and that was a loud drive.

bump530

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
pretty good deal.

Im getting a ford d44 hp, divorced np205, and ford 9" for $300. but im sure it all needs to be rebuilt.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

just out of curiousity, why would you use a low pinion axle?

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is making me want to sas old blue instead of just rebuilding the front end like it needs...

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Go 8 lug D44. That's how my truck is and I love it.