The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello all I'm going with purple keys on the front of my blurb what type or rear kit would give me best option to stay level with the drop I sit about even now should I go with drop blocks or shackles and hangers or could I just remove a leaf....thanks in advance

Blocks will lift the rear, not drop it. Blocks will only drop it once the axle has been flipped. You'll want shackles and hangers. They'll be good for 3".

Boston71

Reaction score
Blocks will lift the rear, not drop it. Blocks will only drop it once the axle has been flipped. You'll want shackles and hangers. They'll be good for 3".

OK thank you... Do you by chance know how much the purple keys will lower the front I have to do the same in the back... What else can I do if I need say another inch in the back

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know nothing about 4wd drops. About the only way to get another inch out back would be to pull the overload leaf, but I wouldn't recommend that with all the weight on the rear of a Suburban.

Boston71

Reaction score
I know nothing about 4wd drops. About the only way to get another inch out back would be to pull the overload leaf, but I wouldn't recommend that with all the weight on the rear of a Suburban.

Thank you for your help.... I've got belltech keys and shackles and hangers on order

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

I pulled the overloads on my '98 to get an extra inch of drop, & had another spring made that fit the contour of the other's in the spring pack. The new spring is coming out, & the overload is being replaced. I'll get that 1" drop back with a lowering shackle.
With no overload, the progressive rate of the spring compression was gone. During enthusiastic cornering, the rear end housing was spending alot of time kissing the bump stops, & that's with no load in a RCSB. It could only be worse in a Suburban!

jr817

Reaction score
i need help, i have a single cab 2wd, (mines is the blue one) and i bought it lowered from the front and want to lift it back up to normal height. i dont know what size the drop is on it, i dont know how i could lift it back up again, the tires are 260/70/15 i think and they scrape real bad from the front. someone please help me! lol and also if you know what size drop i have in the front, whats the biggest size rim that i can fit under there? thank youu
You must be registered for see images attach

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the drop spindles the for a regular c1500 the same for ss454?

Depends on the year and model. All extracabs share the same spindle as the SS. And all are the same after 92 (starting with the 93 model), I believe.....

slow ss

Reaction score
the only 4-6 kit that i see on summit says for 92-93 ss454 its 429$ it is djm. ground force has a drop spindle on there that says for 90-93 ss454 its 369$ for just the spindles im confused why one says for 92-93 when the other says 90-93