The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know its been a week or so but work and weather werent letting me get around to it. but i was finally able to rip thos spacers out the other day and i got a picture of the new stance. looks WAY better now that its leveled out and looks the same in front and back. and guess what.... they dont hit the fenders!!! durring normal driving anyway. they tuck just nicely and can go thru dips on a turn at moderate speed. cant really tell a difference in ride quality which is good cuz i like it the way it is.

it also seemed to level the truck from side to side too. there were two spacers per spring. one side had them basically in between the same coils. but the other (the driver) side had them almost one coil apart. so i think it spread it more and thats why the driver side what higher than the passenger. so all seems good so far.

so with the new drop up front and only having about 1/4" of clearance, i cant go any lower with out different back spacing. but thats fine cuz im happy with the way it looks. but im still gonna go ahead and to the extra notch in back to stop the axle from hitting. thanks for all your help and input. im good to go for now....

BEFORE
You must be registered for see images attach

AFTER

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i know its been a week or so but work and weather werent letting me get around to it. but i was finally able to rip thos spacers out the other day and i got a picture of the new stance. looks WAY better now that its leveled out and looks the same in front and back. and guess what.... they dont hit the fenders!!! durring normal driving anyway. they tuck just nicely and can go thru dips on a turn at moderate speed. cant really tell a difference in ride quality which is good cuz i like it the way it is.

it also seemed to level the truck from side to side too. there were two spacers per spring. one side had them basically in between the same coils. but the other (the driver) side had them almost one coil apart. so i think it spread it more and thats why the driver side what higher than the passenger. so all seems good so far.

so with the new drop up front and only having about 1/4" of clearance, i cant go any lower with out different back spacing. but thats fine cuz im happy with the way it looks. but im still gonna go ahead and to the extra notch in back to stop the axle from hitting. thanks for all your help and input. im good to go for now....

BEFORE

AFTER
Look's great!

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am sitting at work bored and have been looking around at some trucks lowered.. and have always wanted some 295/50/15s.. I am currently running 275/60/15s right now.. I am running the OOBS rallys in 15x8.. I am wanting to know if you could put a 295/50/15 on these rims and if they will clear or not on the rear of my truck. it is currently lowered 4/6. Sorry I am not knowledgable with backspacing/offset.. haha so kinda curious if I could run them wide of tires on the rallies without any issues.( I already rolled the fender lips) Here is what they look like>

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey there xtreme. ive been running the same 275/60/15 combo in back since i bought the truck 3 years ago. rolled lips as well with no rubbing. i just changed to 20's so i cant go check myself but if i remember correctly they just barely tucked. it all depends on the backspace but with that wide of a tire, your getting to be getting pretty close to the suspension as well. if im correct, your 275/60 tire is a little over 10 3/4 inches wide and about 6 1/2" thick. with a 295/50, you would be around 11 5/8" wide and around 5 3/4" thick. so you would be getting around 7/8" wider and 3/4" thinner. if you wanted to keep the same sidewall thickness id go with a 295/55. with that you would only be an 1/8" thinner (not noticable).

so since its almost an inch wider, id use 1" to give myself leeway, divide that by two, 1/2", becasue thats how much it will move inward and outward assuming your using the same rims you have now meaning your backspacing will not change. then id go look in my wheel well and see if i have a MINIMUM of a 1/2" clearance between where your tire is now and the suspension components/fender lip. when i say MINIMUM i mean that will be cutting it super close if thats all you have left. with the tire being that thick vs low-pros, it will compress/expand as the truck bounces up and down and heat makes things expand also, so it could spread wider/taller as you drive.

im no tire expert by any means but ive done research and im pretty confident about the info i just gave you. but others on here are more knowledgable in that area than i am so hopefully someone will give you more detail. maybe a for sure yes or no. lol but the numbers i gave you are just my calculations converting metric to SAE and they were rounded. so they are just rough estimates. plus every tire manufacrure is different so that may vary the calcs also. just trying to give you an idea. hope that helped somewhat. let me know what happens.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I am sitting at work bored and have been looking around at some trucks lowered.. and have always wanted some 295/50/15s.. I am currently running 275/60/15s right now.. I am running the OOBS rallys in 15x8.. I am wanting to know if you could put a 295/50/15 on these rims and if they will clear or not on the rear of my truck. it is currently lowered 4/6. Sorry I am not knowledgable with backspacing/offset.. haha so kinda curious if I could run them wide of tires on the rallies without any issues.( I already rolled the fender lips) Here is what they look like

check my build thread man I love my 295s

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so ive been rolling around on the new rims for a couple weeks now and the ride is def a lot rougher with 35's.... but not as bad as i thought it was going to be. but now that i took the stupid spacers out, the spring rate is...less right??? since they are able to compress more and easier??? anyway, if i hit a hard dip, something hits. idk for sure since im not actually outside the truck while im driving, but i think its the bump stops on the lower arms. and if i hit one of those drop offs on the freeway, the tire hits somewhere.... its not a HUGE deal cuz it doesnt happen too often, but id like for that not to happen... lol are there any springs that will give the same stance but are a lil stiffer or do i have to get stockers and cut them like ccredell said on the previous page? or are there shocks that are stiffer that will do the same thing? thanks!