The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
he shouldnt have to cut those springs I dont think. the BT springs come with that spacer and if you want the extra drop you pull the spacers iirc My rear is dropped 7 and does bottom out on a hard bump but some of that is also getting used to driving that low

i think i will have time on saturday to pull the spacers out. this will tell me for sure where it will sit and if i need new springs or cut them to get the desired height im going for. and it will also give a good indication if the rims will tuck or not. its fairly simple to do i think, and its not gonna cost me anything but time. as with most of us here, i usually have more time than money.... lol! but do i need a coil spreader for these and also a socket? or do i just raise it up to take the weight off and twist it out?? and if it doesnt work, just the reverse to get them back in? thanks!

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
tbh Im not sure how the spacers come out ive never pulled em before. shoot Norcalss a pm me he should be able to help you. He is a preferred vendor of the site thats sells BT and djm

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
Those don't look like belltech spring spacers to me. You buy those from oreillys. They usually turn in with a half in ratchet. People run em to get lift of big wheels. The belltech spacers, iirc are rubber/poly and go on top or bottom of spring In the seat

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
and is there a reason you want me to cut stockers vs the ones i already have?

Yes. As I stated above, cut stockers tend to be a bit more stiff (higher spring rate) than a drop spring. I prefer that. But thats just me. The other thing is that as soon as I saw the spacers in the springs you have I cringed. Thats not right. Its a band-aid. I suspect that that is the source of the lean. Also, most of the time, spacers are only used the shore up springs that have sagged-which prompted comments I made above. No matter what, if it was my ride, I would replace the springs-whether new drop springs or a set of cut stockers. If in fact you find that you have BT spindles, its a good bet that you have BT springs too. In my experience BT springs tend to sag over time-just like the old Rancho lift leafs we use to put on our 4Xs-but thats another story.

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok so i snapped some pics today. the lean is actually only about a 1/2"-3/4".... but looking at it from the back it just looks like more... still dont know why the passenger side is sagging vs the driver side like everybody elses...

front pass
You must be registered for see images attach

rear pass

now as for the spindles... they are def not BT or JDM... something called trail master.... ever heard of them? is this some sort of cheapy brand or did BT buy them out??? lol either way, does anyone know if they stick out the 3/4" like the BT!! lol. come on people!! gimme some good news here!!! :)

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did not want to make a new thread about this.. So I want to see if anyone else has came across this... my dads 92 silverado ext cab.. has had lowering shackles and lowering hangers installed on the back of it.. every since we did that.. the passenger side shackle hits/ bottoms out on the bed brace on the back and will not let the suspension travel the full distance. I do not have any pics for you guys, but has anyone else encountered this?

2003Xtreme

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats what we was going to do, but his truck never sits.. He prolly gonna trade it off before we mess with it. Just seeing if anyone else has encountered it. Thanks man