The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am having a hard time finding Eibach coils. All I can find is shackles. I have looked at jcwhitney, summit, jegs, tirerack, and stylintrucks.

Last edited:

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
I am having a hard time finding Eibach coils. All I can find is shackles. I have looked at jcwhitney, summit, jegs, tirerack, and stylintrucks.

Because in the truck scene, Eibach isnt a big name. They cater to cars. You'd have better luck with djm, belltech, Mcgaughys, ground force. I use djm.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Because in the truck scene, Eibach isnt a big name. They cater to cars. You'd have better luck with djm, belltech, Mcgaughys, ground force. I use djm.

Actually, I did some searching and I think that like Hotchkis, Eibach has abandoned the GMT-400. Tire Rack is a big Eibach seller, but when I checked there, they show nothing but Eibach shackles. I then went to Eibach's website and they also show nothing but shackles. Both used to list several different coil spring applications for these trucks.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck has drop shackles in the rear. How hard is it to move the leaf spring bolt to the bottom hole?

kewljay223

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello everyone. i have a few stupid questions so i think this is the perfect place to ask... lol so my truck is a 95 ext cab. i bought it about 3 years go. it came lowered and the guy advertised it as a 4/6. i have done a couple mods over the years but nothing too serious. well just last week i finally coughed up cash for a new set of wheels/tires. they are 20" foose legends wrapped in 235/35/20 well i personally think the tire to rim ratio is too far off. i would like more tire but becasue of the drop the guy at the shop said i was basically sol. if i go bigger, there is a good chance it will rub. so here goes my stiupid questions....

im not sure what the actual drop of the truck is since i didnt do it myself. i had a sound coming from the front suspension and couldnt figure out what it was so i took it to a local shop that specializes in lifting/lowering and it ended up being a bad lower BJ. but when i was there, the guy told me it looked like my drop was a 5/7. and when i got the new rims, THAT shop put "5/7 drop" on the recipt... is there any way to tell by measuring or anything to find out for sure? i have no idea what brand parts are in there but i have no problems with any of them. they guy at the shop said everything looked like it was done correctly except for the front springs. they have those little spacers that go between the coils. they are aftermarket springs but he thinks they were meant for a lower drop but they prolly stuck the spacers in instead of buying new springs. they havnt hurt the springs that i can tell.

next is that id like to go lower so ive been researching the underbed notch the past few days. wanna get as low as possible without cutting the bed because i do use it quite a bit. looks pretty straight forward. think im gonna fab up the notch myself tho instead of buying a kit tho. anyway, im confused as to the numbers im seeing for that notch. people keep saying they have a 5/8 with it. thats 3 inch difference. isnt it supposed to be 2" to keep it level? does that mean everyone with a 5/8 has their ass end sitting lower? or does it just depend on the truck and the shape of the leafs?

soooo... now that you have an idea of what im doing, what are your suggestions for me? my truck sits pretty level as is. if i put the notch in (which i think im gonna do reguardless if i lower it or not to help with the axle smacking....), what do i need to lower it another inch? a 1" thicker spacer in back? you think if i remove those coil spacers in front that it will give me the 1"??? if i get it down an inch, do you think i will have rubbing issues just like if i got thicker tires? anyone have any experience with this kinda drop and wheel combo?

part of the reason for wanting the extra inch is to help visually "fill in" the wheel well to kinda "hide" the ruberband tires. sorry for all the questions but i know this is the perfect place to get some legit answers/pointers/criticism... lol just trying to find which path i need to go down next to accomplish what im wanting. thanks everybody!! and heres a pic of the truck so u can see what im working with.

You must be registered for see images attach