The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you dont have a flip kit, and you dont have a notch in the frame, and if you are running the stock bump stop, yes, you can change it out for the button one. But you should most likely throw a notch kit on it.

Was this a reply to me?

I'm not sure about the front yet, but the rear has shackles on the back of the leafs, and I can't tell about hangers. The leafs also look to be de-arched, (seem very flat) I have 3.5" from the top of the tire to the fender if that tells you anything. Tires are 255/70R15

That 3.5" measurement is in the center of the fender to the lip. Also same for front. I can take a pic if needed.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes sir....

Well a bit more information, turns out about an inch of the rear drop was due to there being no bushing left in the rear hangers (either of them). Luckily I had a set of rear drop hangers with brand new bushings I bought a few years ago to install in my old Tahoe. So I swapped those out. They had been modified to fit a 2d Tahoe so I only had the option of using the 1" hole instead of the 2" whole. That is actually fine with me because it lifted the rear about an inch and a half. I now have a nice rake and a much tighter truck and better ride. I may be the only person on the entire forum that "lifted" his lowered street truck, but as I see it. Function over form anyday.

Thanks for the advice.

mwbrannen

Reaction score
275/60r15 4" of backspacing looking to do a flipkit in the rear, anyone know if i'll have any issues??? looked through the thread and couldn't find any info/pics

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
275/60r15 4" of backspacing looking to do a flipkit in the rear, anyone know if i'll have any issues??? looked through the thread and couldn't find any info/pics

First of all, you didnt mention how wide the wheels are, so backspacing doesnt tell us anything. If its a 10" rim, youre going to be in trouble. If its an 8" rim, you should be fine.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My black '98 (sig) is dropped 7" in the rear & I'm running 20X10's. (295/40's) Rolled the fender lips just to be on the safe side, but I don't think that that really had to be done.
I've also run 275/60-15's @ this height. The wheels were the factory SS ones. No probs.
Make sure that you also notch the bed brace right above the dif. pumpkin when doing a flip, too.