The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I hardly ever find that I need to roll the rear fenders. I was talking about the fronts. Not that I haven't rolled the rears, just that the fronts are the ones that almost always need it.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I hardly ever find that I need to roll the rear fenders. I was talking about the fronts. Not that I haven't rolled the rears, just that the fronts are the ones that almost always need it.
Same with me, only needed to roll a few rear bedsides, usually only the front.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I rolled the rears on my '94 C2500LD just because it was very close, and I planned from the start to push that truck to its limits on a regular basis. No sense having a tire dig into the fender lip when you're hooking a 20MPH exit ramp at 70MPH. :gr_grin:

It probably wasn't necessary but there was no harm in doing it. It started to look like an even better idea when I installed 10" wide wheels in the back with 295/40/20's.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
No sense having a tire dig into the fender lip when you're hooking a 20MPH exit ramp at 70MPH. :gr_grin: Richard

Now who would be foolish enough to do something like that? (Looks around, slowly raises hand!) Lol!

An even better idea when I installed 10" wide wheels in the back with 295/40/20's.
Richard

My 295/40-20's required the same.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How much clearance do you need between the axle and the bumpstop? I just got my truck and it appears to be lowered but the ride is harsh. I suspect it needs shocks but I want to make sure it was lowered correctly. There is 2.5" of clearance currently and that is with the bed empty. Is that enough or should I put some flat button ones in?

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How was it lowered?

I'm not sure about the front yet, but the rear has shackles on the back of the leafs, and I can't tell about hangers. The leafs also look to be de-arched, (seem very flat) I have 3.5" from the top of the tire to the fender if that tells you anything. Tires are 255/70R15

That 3.5" measurement is in the center of the fender to the lip. Also same for front. I can take a pic if needed.

wareagleburn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys, my question is when buying a 4/6 lowering kit, is there a difference in parts needed for a standard cab short bed vs extended cab short bed? Thanks

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you dont have a flip kit, and you dont have a notch in the frame, and if you are running the stock bump stop, yes, you can change it out for the button one. But you should most likely throw a notch kit on it.