The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello! I know this has probably been covered at some point in this thread but I was wondering if there's a 2/4 lowering kit for long bed that doesn't require drilling holes for the rear in the bed attachment brackets for sclb? I have a 1998 C1500 W/T. Is it even worth doing a shackle/hanger or should I just go with a flip and be done with it? I wouldn't want more than 5" drop so I assume I'd have to get 1" lift shackles? Thanks in advance for your expertise.

This was discussed… maybe 5 pages ago? It’s be worth scrolling back and looking, there was some good info. Even with the 5” you’ll want a notch if that’s what you’re trying to avoid.

Flip it and be done. Cheaper, lower, and way easier.
This. 100%

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a flip on my long bed. I cut the bed crossmember in the middle out completely because I had 1) under bed step notches and 2) clearance issues with the differential. Belltech states that you have to do that. I also took about 6” out of the crossmember just in front of the one previously mentioned on the passenger side so I could clear the upper shock relocation bracket.

Attachments

• F889284D-0887-49BD-8EEF-175FA5B0C65A.jpeg
    F889284D-0887-49BD-8EEF-175FA5B0C65A.jpeg
    478.1 KB · Views: 11

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is a stupid lowering question...
So I got a 2000 Chevy standard cab C2500 8 lug, and am planning on purchasing and installing some drop shackles although I am not sure how they would work with the extra leaf springs on the 2500, My question is would I have to remove any springs and would I have any clearance issues with my exhaust?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So I got a 2000 Chevy standard cab C2500 8 lug, and am planning on purchasing and installing some drop shackles although I am not sure how they would work with the extra leaf springs on the 2500, My question is would I have to remove any springs and would I have any clearance issues with my exhaust?
No issues, you'll just get a little bit of drop. No big science to a drop shackle, it's just a couple inches longer than a stock one so it raises the position of the spring pack relative to the frame, in effect lowering the truck.

Richard

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I got a 2000 Chevy standard cab C2500 8 lug, and am planning on purchasing and installing some drop shackles although I am not sure how they would work with the extra leaf springs on the 2500,
As long as you get the correct shackles you'll be fine.
My question is would I have to remove any springs
Removing springs will lower it more.
and would I have any clearance issues with my exhaust?
Not with just shackles.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, are there any good brands to go with for the shackles?
Belltech. Can’t go wrong. The C2500 stuff they offer I can be tricky to find. They have stuff for the 6 lug and the 8 lug versions. The 3/4 ton 8 lug stuff will most often be compatible with the 1 tons - and they will call this out in the fitment sections. For shackles it shouldn’t matter though.

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, ordered them now, can't wait for my truck to ride level :rofl:
I'm thinking that later I might do a 2/4 or 4/6 drop, give her some stance. For now the 2" rear drop is easier on my budget since i'm in highschool and a part time job covers gas and a little extra

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that later I might do a 2/4 or 4/6 drop, give her some stance. For now the 2" rear drop is easier on my budget since i'm in highschool and a part time job covers gas and a little extra
Post pics when you've got her level.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 8 lug C2500, too. Mines an ECLB and it’s been a blast to work on. My build thread is here if you want to see what doing a 5/8 drop would be like