The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gauges on a 88-94 would be different than a 95-98, not plug and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
has there ever been a full power seat for the passenger side? to my knowledge there has only been power lumbar and maybe heated seats if its leather.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Leather on the Tahoes and Suburbans had the power passenger seats in addition to lumbar and heat as options. Not sure about cloth, but suspect it was only lumbar (which isn't worth much, IMO) and manual adjustment.

Here's one, a 1998 Tahoe, scroll through the pictures...

http://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sa...ear=1995&searchRadius=0&mmt=[CHEV[TAHOE[]][]]

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
If a LED bulb flickers when plugged into a socket, but a incandescent bulb doesn't, does the socket need replaced? particularly talking about the illumination bulb for manual T-case.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If a LED bulb flickers when plugged into a socket, but a incandescent bulb doesn't, does the socket need replaced? particularly talking about the illumination bulb for manual T-case.
Your LED is going bad. Check it and you should see some dark brown spots on the point where it illuminates. Cheapo LEDs will do this over time, especially on a socket that's lit most of the time like that.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Your LED is going bad. Check it and you should see some dark brown spots on the point where it illuminates. Cheapo LEDs will do this over time, especially on a socket that's lit most of the time like that.

Except it happened with 2 totally different LEDs. The 1st from SBL that showed zero spots, the cheapo LED I used did in fact have the spots you're talking about.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Except it happened with 2 totally different LEDs. The 1st from SBL that showed zero spots, the cheapo LED I used did in fact have the spots you're talking about.

Could be that the bases of the LEDs are slightly too tight or too loose in the sockets compared to regular bulbs. I've noticed that the tolerances don't seem to be very tight on LEDs.