The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
The po said they were replaced, ANd the door still rattled after the shop fixed them. So im wondering if they just replaced pins and not bushings.

Adam

BigandTall

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What should be under the 6" square door at the front of my center console in my 95 Tahoe? When I bought the truck, there is nothing under the door but dirt and grime along with the occasional gum wrapper from the PO. My daughter stuck a small plastic bag in there so we have a trash holder but I'm curious as to what should have been under there?

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
What should be under the 6" square door at the front of my center console in my 95 Tahoe? When I bought the truck, there is nothing under the door but dirt and grime along with the occasional gum wrapper from the PO. My daughter stuck a small plastic bag in there so we have a trash holder but I'm curious as to what should have been under there?

Cup holder or 4-slot CD/Tape organizer.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
On crew cabs and suburbans, in the rear doors theres a speaker grill. Are there clips that hold it in or can it be pried off. with out doorpanel removal Im looking at throwing speakers In The rear doors

Adam

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Gotta remove the panel. The speakers are screwed to the door. Removing that grill will not expose the screws in order to remove the speaker. The speaker won't fit through that opening once the grill is off.
Besides, IIRC, the grill is attached to the door panel from the backside. The grill would probably get destroyed if you tried to remove it from the front.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Awesome thanks guys. I had a feeling. Going to plan a weekend for full speaker replacement with some amplified units. Once again thanks for the help.

Adam

Poseidon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question my door got gacked (F'd Up) when some one tried to break in. I have good 90 doors but mines is a 96 different door panels and door handles. Can i just swap the door handles and door panels?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yes, but...
IIRC, there's a bit of an issue with the fit to the dash, and that brace for the armrest has to be moved or changed, along with the handle.
Sorry to be so vague, but I do know that there is a few changes that have to be made. Those are the ones that come to mind.
There are members that have done this. Someone will chime in with specifics.