The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Did any 88-94 trucks have power mirrors? I know most had the big chrome ones like my 92. I'm wanting to to move my 98's mirrors to my 92 and I'm wondering if I can get a mirror switch to operate them

Sent while under my truck...breaking stuff more

Some suburbans and crew cabs had them. Found a switch at the junkyard but it was broken

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Anyone know how deep the dash is behind the 2WD/4WD switch?

I'm thinking of mounting a power inverter in that space and I'm curious how much room I have to work with. I'd rather not rip apart the dash if someone here knows the answer.

Thanks!!

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Anyone know how deep the dash is behind the 2WD/4WD switch?

I'm thinking of mounting a power inverter in that space and I'm curious how much room I have to work with. I'd rather not rip apart the dash if someone here knows the answer.

Thanks!!

Not enough for a power inverter; if I recall correctly there's also a large bundle of wires running directly behind there that can't really be moved anywhere else.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Not enough for a power inverter; if I recall correctly there's also a large bundle of wires running directly behind there that can't really be moved anywhere else.

Ah too bad, thanks!

I may have to take apart the inverter, I can possibly just rig up the outlets in that spot and lengthen some wires, with the guts of the inverter stored a foot or two away....

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
It literally takes 1 minute to take the dash apart lol mise well check it out

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
So ive come to the conclusion that my drivers door as a whole is rattling. I looked around and found the lower door pin backs out about 1/2". Is there suppose to be a retainer to hold it? Could the bushing possible be bad a light tap and it slides right down.

Adam

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
There's a metal clip that goes on the end of each pin to keep it from backing out. Those bushings are tight enough where you need a hammer to drive the pin through. Are the bushings original?

Sent from the Green Mile