The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just swapped out my buckets for a full bench seat with a buddy. Before I get any flak about that I did it because we're going to be a family of six and I want us all to fit in the truck. Anyway, the plastic armrest tray that flips up for a notepad or whatever is broken. Is there a way to find a new replacement? GMpartsdirect only points to the entire armrest and I can't really find a good reference for the specific part if it exists.

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's the armrest I've got (stolen pic from earlier in this thread). The round tab at the top is broken off which includes the latch that secures it when the console is opened or the seat it put up.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I scored mine at the pick and pull by sheer luck. I go in there so often they didn't mark it or charge me hahaha. Kind of a scary adventure popping it off the junkyard truck cause our plastic parts aren't the strongest. Same getting it in without breaking the lid or my console. Got it tho. I was too lazy to attempt to take the whole console apart and "do it right" couple big screwdrivers and some finesse got it done.

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

Schimpfy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll try the junkyard as it sounds like the best answer for now. Thanks!

blazin8556

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done some searching and can't find anything on this, but do these truck have problems with the speedo? Mine is 10 mph faster than actual speed. I'm running stock everything, tires etc. it's on my 98 z

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Someone could have pulled the needles and put them back on wrong. Time to pull the cluster face and move the needle(s) that aren't reading properly. I was stupid and pulled mine once without marking their locations. Oops. Got em all set back to the right spots. Or very very close to them.

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
My drivers door rattles when closed. It has had the bushings and pins replaced. Its al lined up while closed and I cant move it up and down when open. The striker loks good no heavy gouging or anything. Any ideas?

Adam

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My gas peddle is stiff and makes noise all of the sudden. Is it possible that the bushing holding it at the pivot poont has gone bad? And if so where can I get a new one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk