The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
MOBS retrofit. $35. Insanely bright.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tyler/T-Unit

rcman989

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you when you open your door, your interior lights are suppose to come on. Mine do not and have not since I bought the truck 3 years ago. Anyone know why this is so?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Changed the bulbs?

The plastic push pins in the door jambs may be the culprits. Common prob. Loose/broken wires, or the pins itself. If it's the pins, get 'em from the wreckers, & use ones from the passenger side of the donor(s). That side doesn't get used as much & are usually in better shape.
If you're up to some modding, IIRC the crew-cab trucks rear door pins are metal, like all the rest used to be. I picked some up at one time but can't remember what they came out of. Much more durable.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
So you when you open your door, your interior lights are suppose to come on. Mine do not and have not since I bought the truck 3 years ago. Anyone know why this is so?

Pull your dome lens off. Get a test light and find a good ground connection. The orange wire going to the dome is a constant power wire. Touch the light to the contact it connects to. It should light up. If not check anther bulb. The glove box light on the 95+ trucks run on this circuit as well. Does that come on when you open it? If not check the fuse, broken wires etc. if all your bulbs have power then you probably have bad door switches. Hope this helps

Tyler/T-Unit

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Changed the bulbs?

The plastic push pins in the door jambs may be the culprits. Common prob. Loose/broken wires, or the pins itself. If it's the pins, get 'em from the wreckers, & use ones from the passenger side of the donor(s). That side doesn't get used as much & are usually in better shape.
If you're up to some modding, IIRC the crew-cab trucks rear door pins are metal, like all the rest used to be. I picked some up at one time but can't remember what they came out of. Much more durable.

IIRC the crew cab? I wouldn't mind knowing more about this! I just put my second set in, in the past year or two. Now the passenger is going out!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
They look just like the '60's/'70's/'80's style that GM used for years. It's just an idea so far, but I've had the same prob as you, Blakestuhh. Damn cheap plastic POS's! I'll see if I can find them. So much stuff is still in boxes after the move.
Photobucket has been giving me a hard time, too. Haven't been able to load my pix onto it for almost a month.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah man I'd love to get a set! I'm tired of that plastic crap!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
yes its glued. i use to use k kwik industrial constuction stuff at my old job, it was safe for the foam and specifically for that kinda use. then you take your material in a rough sized sheet and start appling inch by inch pressing down into the glue. once you get to the corners wrap the material around and make sure some sticks on the back of the headliner, let it all dry then cut the excess off with a razor blade.