The Stupid Electronics Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How could I add a toggle switch somewhere to turn my 98's DRLS on and off?
You will have to tie into the out out wire at the DRL box, under the dash. Also you will need to cut that wire, so that it no longer is attached to the OE wires. Keep in mind that, you only want to do this to the out out wire. You will need to research this ,and figure out what the DRL module looks like, and what wire is what on that module.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How could I add a toggle switch somewhere to turn my 98's DRLS on and off?

GM did this from the factory on the police package Tahoes, there was even a factory "DRL OFF" labeled switch in the dashes.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Why not put the toggle on the power supply to or from the fuse? IIRC it's fuse #16 in the dash side panel, but you should check your owner's manual to be sure as I don't have one handy at the moment.

Richard

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are there really speaker mount points in the doors? Crutchfield says there is, and i saw a schematic that seemed to show a spot, but i dont see a grill area for them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
follow up question,

when replacing the radio, ive seen the storage cup insert that replaces the dash controls, but does anyone make a flat blank filler? i would rather mount some USB ports or something.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
are there really speaker mount points in the doors? Crutchfield says there is, and i saw a schematic that seemed to show a spot, but i dont see a grill area for them.

You must be registered for see images attach
The '95-up interior has door speakers, I don't think the earlier ones do. Y'all get the stash pocket where the speaker is on the newer style; our stash pocket is further back.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
ah ok, i would love door speakers, but im not giving up my pull straps!
Why GM designers couldn't figure out how to put door straps on the newer style interior is beyond me! I guess they thought that was a 70s affectation or something? They are actually useful on heavy doors!

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its the uniqueness for me. I had an 89 back in high school, and I remember those doors, the square headlights, and the moon gauges. that combo is only on like 2 or 3 years.