The Shock Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've got a 5/7 drop and my current front belltech street performance shocks Front #10102l are too soft. I came across some good info on the following kyb and rancho #s

#RS999166

Was wondering if anyone has had any good results with either of these.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a 5/7 drop and my current front belltech street performance shocks Front #10102l are too soft. I came across some good info on the following kyb and rancho #s

#RS999166

Was wondering if anyone has had any good results with either of these.
I've heard good things about the adjustable ranchos.

I ran monomax shocks on an old F150, and they were pretty good.

Given the choice I'd run bilsteins though. They tend to not be much more expensive.

Bone Shaker

Reaction score
Just got all my information together to order bell tech street performance shocks and #6658 shock extenders. Review on bell tech site says bed needs to come off to install the extenders. Is this correct? Don’t know for sure if I am going in the right direction. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Obw 4/6 bell tech drop kit on truck

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just got all my information together to order bell tech street performance shocks and #6658 shock extenders. Review on bell tech site says bed needs to come off to install the extenders. Is this correct? Don’t know for sure if I am going in the right direction. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Obw 4/6 bell tech drop kit on truck
Why? Maybe for the extenders that relocate the upper mount, but thosr are on the lower

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
100% do the shock extenders on the rear. they will make the shocks actually work again, otherwise they sit in the truck sideways not holding anything

Bone Shaker

Reaction score
That is the number I found for 0-7 inch drop, was not sure about it. Do you have extender brackets on yours , with how much drop ? I looked at your albums page , and it looks like about the same set up as you have. Thanks for the help[/QUOTE

I tried to get the shock extenders from thesuspensionsource2010 with no luck they cancelled my order after about 3 weeks. Ordered from summit racing on 9/11 and they will be here today. I have a 94 k1500 and the bell tech # is 6658. This is what I got from summit. Good luck and if I can help just holler

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OctaShock. 8 shocks.
Static 4/6 reformed bagger seeks filler neck resolution for meaningful C-Notch.

Full set of kyb exidy.
Full set of McGaughys
I'll get the numbers and photos.