The Plow Truck: 99 454 CCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Lol, Yea I wasnt expecting wheels either...

You must be registered for see images attach

I suppose that's fair. I missed out last fall on a couple GMT400 cheap plows and I'm still kicking myself. If I can't find another smoking deal like that I think I'll just pull down my pants and buy a new one for 6-7k. It'll go with the theme of cheap truck going rate everything else in my stable.

Onizukachan

Great Teacher
Reaction score
Having just completed this task, €&#%@* the old carpet. If you are gonna take everything apart to get it out, might as well just put a new one in there Instead of trying to pressure wash it clean.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Having just completed this task, €&#%@* the old carpet. If you are gonna take everything apart to get it out, might as well just put a new one in there Instead of trying to pressure wash it clean.

I'm with you, but $$$. It wasn't that bad to yank the seats, belts, and sill plates. I still have yet to determine the extent of damage to the front end on this thing, but I am gonna swing it by the frame shop tomorrow so they can get a look at it and get me scheduled. Worst case it's a 3-4 month wait. Thank God I wasn't counting on this as a driver! I also have to get the windshield replaced and make sure the leak is plugged before putting ANY carpet back in this thing. I think though the nicer I make it, the nicer I'll want it to be.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My new ignition and door tumblers showed up today.

Just waiting on the new GM door handle to show up so I can make this slightly less stealable. Tuesday I take it to the frame shop, hopefully they can get me in in a month or so. It would be awesome to slam this back together all cleaned up and have it go straight down the road.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Today I drove the truck to the frame shop. Pulls like a SOB but got there and back without issue. I'm waiting on a quote, dude guessed 1200-1400 off the top of his head. Shjt for that money I could frame swap and get it done cheaper. So I called a local junkyard to see, and it's going to be even more difficult than I realized. Not because it's a 2 year only frame, but because the CCSB shares the EXACT same wheelbase as the ECLB. But the axle is farther back on the short bed. But that's how the junkyards list them. F me. Hopefully half of that estimate is the parts they called out as bad that I'll be changing, I can cough up 500-700 to get a frame yanked on and deal with the rest whenever. We'll see what hits my inbox.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
My new ignition and door tumblers showed up today.

Just waiting on the new GM door handle to show up so I can make this slightly less stealable. Tuesday I take it to the frame shop, hopefully they can get me in in a month or so. It would be awesome to slam this back together all cleaned up and have it go straight down the road.
Where did you get the GM tumblers from?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Is it just that front passenger side section thats bent? or are there other areas that need to be pulled?

I'm wondering if you could cut and paste and gusset a new front passenger section instead of a full frame swap?