The Plow Truck: 99 454 CCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is it just that front passenger side section thats bent? or are there other areas that need to be pulled?

I'm wondering if you could cut and paste and gusset a new front passenger section instead of a full frame swap?

The whole rail is pushed back some, but most of the damage is at the right front. Since my frame is thicker than an ECSB out back this may be a decent option for me.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I did some googling and found out that the CCSB has a 154.5" wheelbase and the ECLB is 155.5". Armed with that, I proceeded to look for a frame. Found one! In WA. F me. So still waiting on that estimate from the frame shop. Since I was frame hunting though, I decided to see if I could find one for a real 2500 ECSB (for the 1500) and there are a couple of local options for that. Nifty.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I found myself out at the hangar today returning the dually/camper/trailer/race car and decided to shove the new door handle and tumbler in the driver's door. What a miserable experience that was. Once I got it back together I realized the inner handle no longer opened the door. There's nothing wrong with the linkage, it's not tweaked and looks to be riding where it did before. It just feels from the inside like it's locked and works fine from the outside. WTFO?

Pissed and wet, I drove to pick up a free grill, 2 white filler panels, and an air dam.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm thinking about driving it home this weekend to work on. I didn't see any water on the floor boards in the rain, but there are more aggressive tests to run before the carpet goes back in.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like the inner handle cracked during reassembly.

Nope. Never even got the door panel back on. I removed the handle and pulled the rod all the way out and nothing. Walk outside and the door opens right up. Like the latch somehow got f00k3d.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Weird. I dont recall how its all put together inside....do the inner and outer handles operate a different lever?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Weird. I dont recall how its all put together inside....do the inner and outer handles operate a different lever?

Not sure? I couldn't see down there at all. It would be much easier to remove the window, tracks, everything but if I find something broken in there I can't just roll up the window and wait for parts. Off to YouTube I go I suppose.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
My passenger side door is like that. Opens effortlessly from the outside, but you really have to over pull the inner handle. It almost doesn't have enough travel, to work the latch. Everything in there looks fine, so no clue what the actual problem is.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did some googling and found out that the CCSB has a 154.5" wheelbase and the ECLB is 155.5". Armed with that, I proceeded to look for a frame. Found one! In WA. F me. So still waiting on that estimate from the frame shop. Since I was frame hunting though, I decided to see if I could find one for a real 2500 ECSB (for the 1500) and there are a couple of local options for that. Nifty.
I know where there's an ECSB K2500 frame....it was in a hit hard and burnt up the engine compartment, but the frame looks straight as an arrow.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I know where there's an ECSB K2500 frame....it was in a hit hard and burnt up the engine compartment, but the frame looks straight as an arrow.

It doesn't take much to bend these frames, I'd be hesitant to jump on one that took a whack.

After some searching, I found a decent view of the bit on the latch that the interior handle pulls on.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is a screenshot from a YT vid of a guy swapping out a latch. Up near his thumb knuckle you can see the part the exterior handle pushes down on. Maybe that sheet metal dealies got bent? That rod got snagged when I was trying to roll the window up and down, but again it lined right up with its witness marks so I'd really need to see the latch itself.