The Plow Truck: 99 454 CCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Was naval jelly, now SEM Rust Mort.

You must be registered for see images attach

I've rinsed the driver's floorboard after letting it soak overnight, dried, wire wheeled, and reapplied the Rust Mort.

According to the tech data sheet, it wasn't done doing its thing as it turned white after rinsing.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Great now I'm worried about all the plugs in the red truck, from underneath they don't look great.

Well again, the floor in the immediate vicinity was fine. Judging by how the passenger side looks, I'm think the water intrusion on this side must have been from underneath. How is the million dollar question, unless snow and salt from feet above and no floor mat are to blame?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Something else I keep forgetting to plug here is the fan that this truck has.

15021599 is the PN, it's a 9 bladed steel unit that shows up as a 20" diameter unit. Gonna have to grabe one for the dually too.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Something else I keep forgetting to plug here is the fan that this truck has.

15021599 is the PN, it's a 9 bladed steel unit that shows up as a 20" diameter unit. Gonna have to grabe one for the dually too.

That's my stock fan. The blades are actually aluminum, but it's still a heavy piece. I replaced it with an 11 blade. I don't know if the 11 pulls any more air, but it is a lot lighter. I also though maybe my original fan was slightly bent as it moves around a bit while spinning, but nope, the new one does it too. Shurkey mentioned a centering ring, but I have not gotten one with any of the clutches I've purchased. I have not had it apart again to inspect.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's my stock fan. The blades are actually aluminum, but it's still a heavy piece. I replaced it with an 11 blade. I don't know if the 11 pulls any more air, but it is a lot lighter. I also though maybe my original fan was slightly bent as it moves around a bit while spinning, but nope, the new one does it too. Shurkey mentioned a centering ring, but I have not gotten one with any of the clutches I've purchased. I have not had it apart again to inspect.

That fan is a smaller diameter though.