ThE OfFiCiaL I'm PaInTin my Own TRuK! WhAt? Thread :crazy:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dude, good luck man, youre a braver man than I. Its cool you guys have the space to build a "paint booth" and have acess to all the right tools. I hope it works it right for you and my only novice advice would be, prep, prep, prep....

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
how long has it been painted the older it is the harder it is

Truck was painted last year. Hood and a spot on the roof were just done a week ago. I have looked into it, I just wasn't sure about how long it takes, and I didn't want to burn through the clear coat.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
The hood and roof lightly wetsand with 1500 grit then buff. The rest is gonna be hard to do you have hit with 1000 grit to cut it then buff youmay get lucky and some 1200 may cut it though

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah guys I am well aware that it's all in the prep work! And if it get's painted, everything will be removed! No moldings, emblems, stickers, nothing.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I HATE stickers!!! I'm exposing my age, again, but I remember when the '74 Z28's came out. NO performance & HUGE stickers damn near covering the whole hood & trunk. Then there was the Trans-Am's, with the 'screaming chicken' on 'em. A 'High Performance' joke, compared to the original muscle cars. Some people like 'em. I say BLECHHH!!! Stickers do not equal performance.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I HATE stickers!!! I'm exposing my age, again, but I remember when the '74 Z28's came out. NO performance & HUGE stickers damn near covering the whole hood & trunk. Then there was the Trans-Am's, with the 'screaming chicken' on 'em. A 'High Performance' joke, compared to the original muscle cars. Some people like 'em. I say BLECHHH!!! Stickers do not equal performance.

The firechickin with that less than stellar 150hp V8.....yeah....lookout here I come. Dont tell that to the Civic/neon/sunflower crowd, stickers=horsepower, I think its a direct corellation between size to horsepower ratio.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hahaha i hear yall on that but I just meant my Z71 stickers which also serve sort of a status purpose to alot of todays youth don't it. You get those threads all the time...what's a z71 got that 4x4 doesn't...Nothing kid!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
hahaha i hear yall on that but I just meant my Z71 stickers which also serve sort of a status purpose to alot of todays youth don't it. You get those threads all the time...what's a z71 got that 4x4 doesn't...Nothing kid!

The 'ZR2' on the S-10's was a $4000.00(!) option. HUH???

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I was looking at buying a new one in '98. Apparently the ZR2 has additional skid plates, sat a little higher, bigger tires, & a different front end. Now I look back and think, it was STILL an S-10.