The newest junker!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well it kinda is but its not bad, considering the engine difference and that there were two big guys in a 4 cylinder and 1 smaller person in and 8 cylinder making well over double the hp and touque that the 4 cylinder is

No not at all, im not hating. I have friends that do this regularly one owning a 550 hp RX8 and if nobody loses it in a corner the times are soo close.

Heres another thought though, think about where that nova came from and what it would have run stock and what it ran as you seen it at the track... also impressive.

Like i said above, looked like a blast. Speed safe and happy racing!

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:lol: Did you shut it off while driving, press the accelerator a few times, hit the clutch, put it in first, then dump the clutch? then BOOOM!

Takes practice to get RPM's, amount of gas and timing just right. While in gear and driving, turn key off, pump gas pedal, turn key back on.....BOOM. It has to be carbureted and have a muffler for the raw gas to collect and explode in. You can also do it at a stop light by reving it up and following the above procedure all before the engine spins back down below idle RPM. Makes for good fun holding a straight face when people crap themselves in their car right next to you...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Takes practice to get RPM's, amount of gas and timing just right. While in gear and driving, turn key off, pump gas pedal, turn key back on.....BOOM. It has to be carbureted and have a muffler for the raw gas to collect and explode in. You can also do it at a stop light by reving it up and following the above procedure all before the engine spins back down below idle RPM. Makes for good fun holding a straight face when people crap themselves in their car right next to you...

Similiar to the way flame-throwers work. Spark plugs at the exhaust tips fire the built up fuel, instead of it blowing up in the muffler. I've blown up mufflers by making a vehicle backfire. REALLY blown up! Muffler guys said that they had never seen one so bad.
Try doing it in a tunnel. My ears rang for a 100 miles, last time I did that.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Similiar to the way flame-throwers work. Spark plugs at the exhaust tips fire the built up fuel, instead of it blowing up in the muffler. I've blown up mufflers by making a vehicle backfire. REALLY blown up! Muffler guys said that they had never seen one so bad.
Try doing it in a tunnel. My ears rang for a 100 miles, last time I did that.

Yeah, that's too true about blowing the mufflers that way. The best way of doing it is to use a high-volume low-psi nozzle about a foot from the end of exhaust and using either propane or another gaseous fuel, then having the spark system installed a few inches from the nozzle. When you momentarily cut your ignition while rev'd, you're doing the same thing as the "ignitor kits", which does the same thing to your engine as when you're running rich. If you have an engine you care about or want it to last a long time, I would stray from cutting the ignition, using ignitor kits, or running your engine ultra rich. A really neat way of doing it is to do like I said above, except using an injector from a diesel or any type of direct injection injector, then setting it to spray while the spark plug lights up. Ofcourse you'd have to use gas, and I would recommend turning the system off a few seconds before killing your engine.