The herd grows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your kid's driving it, maybe it shouldn't be too fast....

Right, it's fine. He's been practicing in our LX470 which is a turtle. It feels very peppy compared to that, sounds awesome too.

I really want to keep it stock anyways, or at least stock appearing. It's hard to find one of these that hasn't been butchered 9 ways to Sunday over the years.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
6-lug, is it 4wd also?

do you have any pics of the inside or are you waiting to deep clean it before showing it off?

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6-lug, is it 4wd also?

do you have any pics of the inside or are you waiting to deep clean it before showing it off?

Yes and yes.

The inside needs a thorough cleaning. I think it will look nice after I get the front seats recovered. The headliner has some sag on the sides and some holes here and there, so that will get done eventually. Otherwise, great shape. It's all there anyways.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That was supposed to be a joke. I don't want to drive that far, to be honest, but I do appreciate the offer. I should be able to find some locally.
I wasn't sure how far you were. I just assumed somewhere in Texas from previous comments.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure how far you were. I just assumed somewhere in Texas from previous comments.

I'm north of Austin a bit. Roughly 2-2.5 hours to Houston and then 2 hours to Nawlins, IIRC, been a while since I drove out that way.

Local junkyard quoted me $200 out the door for 4 and they have some. Seems kinda high, but it's not a pull-it-yourself deal.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm north of Austin a bit. Roughly 2-2.5 hours to Houston and then 2 hours to Nawlins, IIRC, been a while since I drove out that way.

Local junkyard quoted me $200 out the door for 4 and they have some. Seems kinda high, but it's not a pull-it-yourself deal.
From Houston it's 2 hours to my city, then another 3 hours to Nawlins. Good you found some. People on Ebay cherish theirs.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work in the transportation industry, yay shipping! :)

Here's today's mini-project: I'm getting the windshield replaced. It's got a few cracks, but the main thing is this silicone caulk someone put in there along the top edge. It's fugly and I can't stand it. It bothers me more than the rust spots.

I'm very concerned that there could be rust underneath, but I might as well find out now. I hope I'm not having to weld in any metal today!

You must be registered for see images attach