The herd grows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The current owner is an auto tech at a local shop. He's going to fix the AC and oil leak per the deal we have.

Here's my list (it's not a project without a list):

"New" driver's seat
Windshield replacement
Paint the roof and touch up a couple of places that need it.
Find some stock wheels and get new tires.
Deep clean everything
Maintenace catch up, change a bunch of fluids, etc.

Pretty short list compared to my last couple of trucks on here. The ol' 5.7 Vortec has 245K miles but it runs well, and the trans shifts fine based on my test drive, so I see no need to LS swap it, LOL. Plan is to let my kid drive it for a year, and then just enjoy it as is.
I have the stock wheels of my 94. They need some TLC but they're always for sale. It would have to be in person deal. I don't to paypal or the others.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That was supposed to be a joke. I don't want to drive that far, to be honest, but I do appreciate the offer. I should be able to find some locally.
You might be able to find them at the Austin LKQ (check their online inventory list) or there's another self service yard on 71 called Wrench A Part. Only been there once but it's set up better than the LKQ yards (though they have improved some since Dad and I started going to them in the late '80s!). IIRC it's a little way out past Del Valle and the Airport....
Not sure what other yards may be in the Austin area, these are the only ones I know about or have been to.
Edit: the one I'm talking about is at the edge of Del Valle, and they have another yard in Austin and one in Belton! The Del Valle yard shows to have at least 4 OBS K1500s and two of them have those wheels. Their website looks pretty good; I need to go back to this place next time I'm in the Austin area. Never has been time to go there, the last couple of years....

Last edited: