The FREE Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a bunch of automatic crap if anyone needs it...

Bellhousing shield, brake pedal, shift lever, used solenoids, etc

I also have brake booster and MC leftover after my hydroboost conversion.

Joesgarage

Wrench
Reaction score
I have a bunch of automatic crap if anyone needs it...

Bellhousing shield, brake pedal, shift lever, used solenoids, etc

I also have brake booster and MC leftover after my hydroboost conversion.

I need the linkage for a automatic, column to the transmission.

Brickyard

Reaction score
I need the park sensor for an automatic. The one that tells your cluster the car is in park so you dont have to start the truck in neutral.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I also need one of them........can't find it under the name "neutral safety switch" on rockauto....irritating at the least, if no one has one, could you help me find what it's called on rockauto? It's for my 96 in sig. It works fine, except in 3rd gear. The trans shop local to me check it out because when you'd enter 3rd gear, it would make a grinding sound, which when he killed the truck and shifted to 3rd, it cranked the truck. He said the 3rd gear contacts in the switch were shorted........I'm still confused somewhat by how it works, but he said to replace switch, so I'ma looking for one now. :p

Nevermind, my dumbass found it thanks to 1997chevydriver.....guess he's good to have around after all :p

Also, that trans guy told me the switch is about $100......lololol, rockauto has for under 20 bucks.

Last edited:

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I just bought a neutral safety switch yesterday from Carquest, costed me like $39 and change, but it was discounted because I work for a dealership, but I thought I read something along the lines of a $60.99 list price.

The chevy dealership across the street from where I work had them for $65.00

Brickyard

Reaction score
That'd be the Neutral Safety Switch Sir.

THOSE ARE THE WORDS I WAS LOOKING FOR!

Mine worked fine until I had the new trans put in, ever since I've had to start the truck in neutral. Shop that installed it won't do anything about it, got to love small town crooks.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 94-older don't have a NSS. I found that out while I was wiring up my clutch pedal NSS.

Joesgarage, I'll dig out the linkage. It has 230k on it and was a little sloppy but it worked. (I had to hold the lever too keep the reverse lights on). haha

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
lol, well mine gave me no choice....I could turn the key to ON, and run the shifter down to 3rd and it'd crank itself :p