The Custom Conversion Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yes it is

noticed that switch on the overhead console that window... is that for the rear cab window by chance?
Awesome. Does it work?..I have only seen one of these trucks with a functioning power roll down rear window. It’s on the list of things I want to do, but probably never will do on the Sierra.

Reaction score
Awesome. Does it work?..I have only seen one of these trucks with a functioning power roll down rear window. It’s on the list of things I want to do, but probably never will do on the Sierra.

Thanks, Yes it works. The center window slides side to side. The power slider was made by the C.R. Laurence Co. Actually it is a newer replacement slider system. One of the rear windows got cracked about 5 years ago and my insurance replaced it. I still have the old slider made by the same co. It still worked just needs one section of glass. I plan to let it go with the truck after I figure out when and where to list it.

8thNote

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Chattanooga. One of my buddie's dad was an executive at Choo Choo Customs until they went under in the mid to late 90s (dont remember exact year). That place was a pretty big deal around here. Locals were proud of it and I used to see tons of their conversion vans and trucks on the road back in the day.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Chattanooga. One of my buddie's dad was an executive at Choo Choo Customs until they went under in the mid to late 90s (dont remember exact year). That place was a pretty big deal around here. Locals were proud of it and I used to see tons of their conversion vans and trucks on the road back in the day.
That is pretty cool, wish I could've worked at one of those conversion companies.