The Custom Conversion Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Post your pics of your custom conversion truck! Also state what company made the conversion.

@jdla140 and I wanted to start a thread dedicated to these custom conversion trucks as we think they are super cool.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
My truck was made by Starline, a long since defunct company out of Provo, UT. The package they offered appears to be the "Westerner". It had Starboard fiberglass running boards, stainless trim in the style lines along the sides and on the bottom. The interior has custom seats and center and wood trim throughout. There are splash graphics and pinstripe on the hoods and the sides. The bed side have bolt through stainless tubes on top.
The truck itself is a loaded Silverado with the exception of a manual trans option.
full

full

full

full

full

full

The truck has deteriorated and the running boards have been removed, and now it has a 500 and a 4L80E but the interior is mostly the same.

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To help start the thread out, heres a 94 K1500 6.5 I almost bought a few years back, not sure who did the conversion, but I really liked the paint, woodgrain and seats. Wish I had taken more pics

You must be registered for see images attach

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck was made by Starline, a long since defunct company out of Provo, UT. The package they offered appears to be the "Westerner". It had Starboard fiberglass running boards, stainless trim in the style lines along the sides and on the bottom. The interior has custom seats and center and wood trim throughout. There are splash graphics and pinstripe on the hoods and the sides. The bed side have bolt through stainless tubes on top.
The truck itself is a loaded Silverado with the exception of a manual trans option.

The truck has deteriorated and the running boards have been removed, and now it has a 500 and a 4L80E but the interior is mostly the same.

I saw your signature a while ago and was wondering if you actually had a 500 Caddy in it, that's badass!

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I saw your signature a while ago and was wondering if you actually had a 500 Caddy in it, that's badass!
\
It was remarkably easy to do. The hard part is tuning and working out the bugs. It is TBI and I had to start with a 454 bin because there are no real base maps and not many people have done TBI on these things.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Awesome trucks! If only that 94 had the full length running boards, I would have been sold!

@MIHELA that is some thick wood trim on the dash! My dad's is the same way on his conversion.

Some Mark III conversions I saw on the interwebs:

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look what we have here! https://dubuque.craigslist.org/cto/d/98-chevy-4x4/6706558267.html

It looks to be a 1998 Chevy K1500 Gran Prix Conversion. It even has Wabbit's Wood Work wood trim! The seats look like the exact same as the truck I pulled my wood trim off of. If only I had 2k to spend. :(

Man, if that truck were closer.

Here's some links I found that I thought were relevant:

http://1990suburban.com/conversion_packages/chevy_suburban_conversion_packages.cfm
Each link has tons of pictures of conversion squarebody suburbans

http://www.discountvantruck.com/truckseating/truckseats.htm
this is where a LOT of modern conversions/RV's and other custom outfits get their seats and other cool accessories from. They do make brackets for 88-98 trucks for most of their seats, thought that was interesting as well.