The Custom Conversion Truck Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
So I came across this in the salvage yard today, figured it'd fit in here. Suburban. Everything was pretty faded but otherwise in fairly good shape. If I'd had more time, I might have tried to pull some of the stuff, but I also have little personal interest in this sort of thing lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

I do have more pics but it'll only let me do 5 at a time lol
Are you going back to that yard? Looking at the pictures again this morning and those sun visors are much better than the ones in my truck. The pick a part closest to me is closed to the public because of covid. If they weren't too expensive I'd be interested in getting them......thanks

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Are you going back to that yard? Looking at the pictures again this morning and those sun visors are much better than the ones in my truck. The pick a part closest to me is closed to the public because of covid. If they weren't too expensive I'd be interested in getting them......thanks

Unfortunately no. I'm heading back to Kermit in a couple hours for another four weeks. Seriously wish I had a car trailer and time for situations like this, because honestly I'm not even sure why that truck was there. It wasn't wrecked at all. I'd have bought the whole truck and parted it out.

If anyone is close to East Texas and really wants to get a look at it, the truck is at Joeboys Auto Salvage in Longview. LOTS of GMT400 trucks there. THREE GMT400 Escalades (one still mostly intact even) AND a Yukon Denali. If it weren't so hot and I had more time, I'd be there pulling parts a LOT more for reselling.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Unfortunately no. I'm heading back to Kermit in a couple hours for another four weeks. Seriously wish I had a car trailer and time for situations like this, because honestly I'm not even sure why that truck was there. It wasn't wrecked at all. I'd have bought the whole truck and parted it out.

If anyone is close to East Texas and really wants to get a look at it, the truck is at Joeboys Auto Salvage in Longview. LOTS of GMT400 trucks there. THREE GMT400 Escalades (one still mostly intact even) AND a Yukon Denali. If it weren't so hot and I had more time, I'd be there pulling parts a LOT more for reselling.
No problem! I understand the need to go where the work is! Just happened to notice them in the pix this morning. Not driving the Burb much now so the ragged sunvisors are not as much of an issue at this point. How long is that trip you're making, by the way?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
550 miles. The only reason I don't come home EVERY weekend is because that's 1100 miles round trip and my trucks require nearly 3 full tanks to do it lol.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
550 miles. The only reason I don't come home EVERY weekend is because that's 1100 miles round trip and my trucks require nearly 3 full tanks to do it lol.
Wow! And all in Texas too. Have a safe trip!
Last trip we took in the Burb was in October last year, to a car show in Lafayette, Louisiana. Filled up before heading out, that gas got us there and most of the way home. Gassed up in Beaumont just to be safe, but may have been able to get home without. Just don't like it to get too low, too much of that and it's fuel pump time. Not fun on a Burb! I think we got 16 mpg on that trip, and we were loaded up to the headliner and window to window. And doing 75 on the way over, trying to get there on time....ol' Burb did it though, without a complaint. If covid hadn't happened, we'd have gone to several shows in that truck. But this is 2020...two hurricanes in the gulf in the same week?!

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Do you have pictures I would love to see what it looks like?
I do, finally grabbed one recently:

It was a 2WD when he bought it, but he put a 2nd gen Dodge coil spring solid axle under it. Sadly I didn't take any before pics of it.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Here's the wood trim that came out of it, currently in my 98 after my brother re-finished them (they were more yellow/orange-ish before):