Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bit of unsolicited advice if you haven't got your shocks yet get the longest shock that you can pound in the available space.
Bro, I appreciate the chime in! Shock travel is my main focus back there, that's why I opted for the 7 1/2" mounts. That back frame brace there will have another piece welded on top to raise the upper shock mounts another 1 1/2" or so.
As far as travel on the axle, I have over 4" of upward travel before it hits the bumpstop, I'm pretty happy with that! So, 4" of upward and that mono leaf allows for some nice travel, I believe we measured 3+" of downward travel. So, thats at least 7" of travel. Hopefully that'll be sufficient!!!

Last edited:

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I juat keep picking away at things. I got my manual rack bracket cleaned up, painted, and installed.
I did a little more measuring and it looks like I will have approx 18" from lower mount to upper mount on the rear shocks. I believe that is going to work out nicely!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great project I have been lurking in the forum for a little bit until i started my project and I have been watching your progress. Keep it up.
Hey, first off.... Welcome Welcome to the forum bro!!! Thank you so much! I appreciate the kind words and the interaction! I'll be sure to check your build out! Good luck and thanks again!!!

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
That's awesome. I'm a regular Street Outlaw watcher, so definitely interested in seeing that.

My son track drag races, has met Chuck, and went on and on about how nice he was.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just keep picking away at it!!!

Last edited: