Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Money, time, and I can achieve the same results as far as traction. There's cars running 6s in the 1/4 using Calvert Racing's setup, I'm trying to achieve 5s in the 1/8. I know, Boooo with leaf springs...... its ok! Stored and transferred energy happens no matter what, it doesn't matter what medium you use to get it to the ground. The coil outshines the leaf in corners, that it!

And let's just be real about what I'm building. A freaking race car that im gonna drive on the street as much as I can, and mix it up every weekend with some of the fastest small tire street cars in the Midwest.

Im not trying to build this truck for double duty... I could car less if it can hit an apex like a Ferrari or cut curves with a Vette. I've already done and built that a couple times. Sorry guys, .....

Anyways, I hope I haven't discouraged any of my followers! I do love the interaction, questions, and comments ....

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Money, time, and I can achieve the same results as far as traction. There's cars running 6s in the 1/4 using Calvert Racing's setup, I'm trying to achieve 5s in the 1/8. I know, Boooo with leaf springs...... its ok!
Lol, no booooo with leaf springs, I was just curious as to why. I have worked drag strips, and raced bikes and cars for years, I know there's more than one way to go fast!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A man with an open mind! Absolutely!!! There's more then one way! Don't think you're the first person to ask that question and I've heard two ear fulls from every racer thats stopped and taken a look at my build!! My teammate that drives that green Camaro, aka Mean Green, has oem leaf springs and Calvert Racings Caltrac setup. So we have some experience with making them fast. I went ahead and opted for the split mono leaf and I'm doing their flip kit..... its up to the race gods now!!!! Haha

Guess I might as well give my little update here..... I got the rest of my topside fuel line cut, made up, and routed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we might as well add first mock up of the charge pipe. Obviously middle boot joint will be cut to fit and welded. I will use a 90° boot out of the passenger turbo, and the straight boot out of the drivers turbo...

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those exits look like ****. A fender or even a hood exit would look better than that. Looks like some **** one of the yee yee kids around here would do.....
If it were me I'd look at a full straight pipe with cutouts right after the first bend.

Charge pipe mock up looks great though.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, I have no feeakin idea what I was thinking on that exhaust.... it was a stupid idea!!!

I'm believe I'm gonna run it on the outside the fame and exit in front of the back wheels down or side exit ......

Last edited:

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I'm over the exhaust fiasco. I gotta stay focused!!!

I got both my supply and return lines ran, tiddyied up with length adjustments to a couple lines, and put a few zip ties on....

Fuel injectors and fuel pump are on the order list for next week. I've decided to over figure on my fuel system. I'm sold on the Aeromotive 7 GPM 11197 Brushless and the VS Racing Bosch 210# EV6 injectors.

Last edited: