TBI spacer and fuel lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackhawk17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with reconnecting fuel lines after installing a spacer on a pre-Vortec 350. I did a tbi rebuild and threw in a spacer, but my fuel lines don't reach now. O'Reilly's wasn't any help. I'm thinking there is a bracket that secures the lines to the tranny somewhere, I just need to find it.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup I had this same issue a while back. Theres a clip that's bolted with a stud to the bellhousing. Remove the 14mm nut that removes the wire loom and tranny breather bracket, then remove the 13 mm stud, its tight as f!ck. Thread the fuel lines before bolting the throttle body itself. The fuel lines wont fit back in the clip, but make sure you reinstall the stud first than the other 2 brackets otherwise youll hear a hell of a racket. Racheting long wrenches are a must.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
I ended up getting trams dapt fuel line extensions. I couldn't even begin to try and look for those brackets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

blackhawk17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like extensions are the way I should go. I don't have racketing long wrenches, and for the money I could just buy the extensions and not have to fool with the brackets, cuz that sounds like it sucks. Thanks guys.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Sounds like extensions are the way I should go. I don't have racketing long wrenches, and for the money I could just buy the extensions and not have to fool with the brackets, cuz that sounds like it sucks. Thanks guys.

Those were my thoughts exactly L0L! The extensions were super easy to put in and so far (about a year so far) no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

94 cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with reconnecting fuel lines after installing a spacer on a pre-Vortec 350. I did a tbi rebuild and threw in a spacer, but my fuel lines don't reach now. O'Reilly's wasn't any help. I'm thinking there is a bracket that secures the lines to the tranny somewhere, I just need to find it.

what spacer did you get everyone i got had the extensions with it

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to remove the clip because the feed line ended up being too long with the complete cfm technologies kit, return line still fit.

94 cheyenne

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i got the spectre spacer for mine they are a complete kit for 60.00 bucks i got it when i put my holley throttle body on

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most companys that make the spacers sell a fuel line extension kit

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk