Talk to me about Pro Comp.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FusionX

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Badass. Thanks guys. I will def try my best to pick the lift up. Let me know if there is anything else i might need to check out about pro comps lift.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
My burb has a 6'' Pro Comp lift that the PO had 4Wheel Parts install years ago.I've had no issues with it and have yet to replace any part of it and I don't treat it easily when off-roading.The burb rides great,steers straight and is a dream to drive.Also,I pull a toy hauler loaded with dirtbikes occasionally and have no probs on any freeway.I've had many compliments on how the burb sits.
You must be registered for see images attach

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
It will look like this. I second they can take a beating, I got mine all tires off the ground about 2 feet in grand junction at the dunes. Never busted a tie rod or anything that prevented me from getting home, however I did twist and snap the rear crossmember. You should probably know that pro comp changed the design of this lift kit not to long ago and I upgraded from the weak sauce 3 piece crossmember to the new style 1 piece. From what I understand the new style kit is pretty much the same and most parts are interchangeable. If you post a pic of your lift I can tell you if its the new style or the old. The PO of my truck towed a 5th wheel camper up here in Colorado, which is insane. I was asked by pro comp if I had towed anything over the trucks capacity because that is the only way it could twist. I am pretty sure that it must have been twisted already, and my off roading just busted it. It did not prevent me from having fun for rest of the day and I got it home safely. It took a fight, but I got it replaced under warranty through 4 wheel parts because I believed it shouldn't just break like that and the fact that they knew this could happen so they changed the design, I felt like I was getting screwed but they made me happy in the end.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i think 600 is alot for a used one. i love mine though granted it is the older style but mine drives pretty straight, rides like a caddillac i get oohs and aahhs from all my other gmt400 friends on how muce mine rides.

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not too bad of a price but like said above, you can get a brand new RCX for $1000. I would recommend to replace the shocks with something better. The shocks that come with procomp lifts suck, especially if they are used.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i have ranchos on mine i think, i thnik 600 is a bit much mostly because theres missing parts, you dont know what the bushings are like etc. id start lowere until he can give more info on that kind of stuff, i also wouldnt reuse bolts either.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I am running the 6" ProComp on my 97 stepside. And I love it. I do also have the rear trac bars, which add an extra 4 shocks to the rear.

Here are a few shots of how it will sit. All on 35" tires. A few adjustments between all the diff pics.

Rear bar mount/front torsion bar mounts

If you have any more requests for pics or questions, just let me know. I took plenty :waytogo:

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I am running the 6" ProComp on my 97 stepside. And I love it. I do also have the rear trac bars, which add an extra 4 shocks to the rear.

Here are a few shots of how it will sit. All on 35" tires. A few adjustments between all the diff pics.

Rear bar mount/front torsion bar mounts

If you have any more requests for pics or questions, just let me know. I took plenty :waytogo:

Nice! love your trac bars, i have been thinking about getting some. how about some pics of the traction upper shock mounts? just curious.