Tailgate Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The GMT400HD was a chassis cab model with narrower frame rails then the normal trucks. They were never offered with beds from the factory.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
The only marker lights i ever saw on the back of an obs was the 5 lights across the top of the tailgate

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HEre is what I have
You must be registered for see images attach

they are Maxxima 3/4" LEDS, I got them from work for free but you can buy them online.
mine are wired to my license plate lights and grounded to the frame

nickl011

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to your local fleet farm/harbour freight and head to the trailer section. They have the 3 led bars that go on center of the rear of a boat trailer.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
would 5 look weird? like cab lights almost or should i stick with 3? i have bar doors so as long as they fit below i have no clearance issues just meed to find a better bumper

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
would 5 look weird? like cab lights almost or should i stick with 3? i have bar doors so as long as they fit below i have no clearance issues just meed to find a better bumper

If you did it like clearance lights with the three in the middle and the two farther out then even if it looked weird you could just take the outside two off.
I say try it and see how it turns out.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The light your looking for is reffered to as a "ID Tag" "DOT Tag" or identification tag!

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you did it like clearance lights with the three in the middle and the two farther out then even if it looked weird you could just take the outside two off.
I say try it and see how it turns out.

one of these days when i get a better w/t bumper ill do it. i want my bumpers black along with the silver on the bottom of the doors

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
HEre is what I have
You must be registered for see images attach

they are Maxxima 3/4" LEDS, I got them from work for free but you can buy them online.
mine are wired to my license plate lights and grounded to the frame

This is what I am going to do. I actually seen a very nice White GMT400 dually today with this setup, looked very good, and the lightbar did too.