Tailgate Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I want to get a light bar under my tailgate, like the HD and NBS Quadrasteer trucks, but I don't want to do with a line of fire or something, I would like one that looks pretty much OEM for NBS trucks. I know not much fits under there, but maybe an LED bar like what is on the NBS Quadrasteer and HD trucks.

You must be registered for see images

Will this fit, and is there a place I can get one?

Attachments

• 2011-chevrolet-silverado-3500-HD-rear-three-quarter-view.jpg
    2011-chevrolet-silverado-3500-HD-rear-three-quarter-view.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 4

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pretty sure they just mount on the bed right below the tail gate. screw it on and tap into the brakes or license plate lights. havent lookd into it that hard but thats what i assum

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now just the process of finding one is the problem. I found one I like from Recon, but don't really want the turn signals and brake lights it has, just the running lights because I think the brakes and signals will look weird down there.

http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?pk=51&pname=Part-26418RD-RED-15-Mini-LED-Tailgate-Bar&p_cat=27

Didn't they come as an option on the HD GMT-400s too? Maybe that was only NBS.

I know that 88gmctruck put one on his 6.5L truck but I can't remember where he said he got it from. I'd have to go find it in his build thread and that thing is so long I don't want to go digging through it right now lol

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The marker light that your wanting are require on any truck that has a width wider then 80". You should have plenty of clearance down there to mount one, you could even trim the bumper to tailgate filler to allow you to mount the marker lower as well!

Also, even if the unit you buy has the brake/signal/ etc features, you can wire it so it only functions as a running light if that is what you would like!