Tahoe power wire help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
So I am helping my brother wire his 95 2 door Tahoe. I wired my amp under the front seat because I had the room since its a split bench. In the Tahoe it has power seats and no room so I am running it in the back. How have other fellow members wire their Tahoe's for the power wire?

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
I have my sub's amp under the back seat on the driver's side. The power wire was run underneath the door sill up to the firewall, then through the firewall to the auxiliary power source.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now remember this is temporary until i get an underseat box.

i ran mine from the battery, across the fan shroud, up to the firewall, hole drilled, through firewall down the driverside of the truck, under the carpet and door sill and its connected to my capacitor then another wire ran from the capacitor to amp. i ran the rcas on the passenger side to avoid interference. Hooked to radio, across the a/c and heater box inside the truck (hidden up behind dash) behind the kick panel then under the carpet and door sill on pass. side then ran to the back wall of the truck then straight across to the amp.

when i did this i covered the wire and tied the extra wire back as well.

heres some pics i have, if u want i can take more detailed pics tomorrow. if you want
You must be registered for see images attach

battery connect (it now is connected as a top post)

i know i went ziptie crazy but i wanted it to be a clean undetected install

ziptied and wire covered all the way across following another cable from the pos. battery.

still ziptied to battery cable

going through firewall (easy place to drill. had a buddy looking underhood as i drilled from inside)

REMEMBER USE A RUBBER GROMENT IN THE HOLE (or wire cover) TO PROTECT THE POWER WIRE

inside through firewall

i dont ahve pics of it under the carpet and door sill.

but i did a dumb thing and made a small slit in the carpet to bring the wire through to connect to the capacitor
best pic i have, cant see the slit since its under the mat, can barely see red power wire under seat going to capacitor
The blue wire is the power wire i ran from the capacitor to amp, the silver is my ground for the capacitor (ran it to where the carpet stops at back of cab and sanded off some paint and attached it. (no pics)

temporary setup

wires at amp

like i said if you want more detailed and better pics specifics i can go out and get em tomorrow, just let me know