wire help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nessa-92Blazer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 1992 blazer with power windows, power locks and power mirrors. I have removed the power mirrors wiring harness, it didnt work and i didnt want it. I have pulled the power windows wiring thru the door to relocate the switches. So all I am left with is the power lock wires left in the door (and the 2 wires for the window motor, but i know which those are). So besides that connector wires I have another black wire that is wrapped/taped up with the locks harness, and it is getting around 4 or 5 volts. The switch works fine...so I know i have the correct wires together, Just have a rouge black line that I have no idea what it was supposed to be for... Just thought id ask before I start cutting up the tape job and tracing the wire, which will be a challenge since its wrapped with 3 other black wires. Thanks in advance guys!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a good reason why you are not using the wire diagrams that identify each wire, what devices they operate.?
The book 1 Section 8, and book 2 section 5. Give all the colors, there basic, Red, not rouge. Wire loom routing and connector locations, ground point locations. A lot easier than guessing. You don't have to , just would be easier using the manuals, similar to these.
You must be registered for see images attach

Nessa-92Blazer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a good reason why you are not using the wire diagrams that identify each wire, what devices they operate.?
The book 1 Section 8, and book 2 section 5. Give all the colors, there basic, Red, not rouge. Wire loom routing and connector locations, ground point locations. A lot easier than guessing. You don't have to , just would be easier using the manuals, similar to these.

Which book is this? The one I have didnt have any of this.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which book is this? The one I have didnt have any of this.
Those are just screen captures out of the GM service manual for my 95,
book 1 and book 2. Their is so much great info. Not just repair , how it works. Good luck!