Tachometer, instrument cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

User_name

T.B.I Guy
Reaction score
Hello all,
My new to me 1995 c1500 cheyenne has one nagging issue.
The tach bounces around going down. The highway, most noticeable around 2500 rpms.
And my speedo does not work at all.
I'm thinking bad cluster. Didn't they go to stepper motors in 1995? Will a 1996+ cluster work?
Another cool idea would be putting moonie gauges in here somehow. I've always loved the 88-91 clusters
Truck is a 350 engine with the nv4500 trans

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Probably a funky cluster. 1996-up clusters will work in a 95. I thought someone had told me the gas gauge might read differently since the TBI's and Vortec's had different fuel systems, but I could be wrong.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced my stepper motors in my old 98 that were doing the same thing and it solved the issue. Found the dude on Ebay that sells the motors. it's super easy to do - just have to make sure you order the right ones *they have a code on them that relates to where they are in the cluster.

I saw some youtube on how you can re-lubricate them too but, i figured if I was going into the rooter to lubricate the tooter, I should just replace it. LOL

Carl [email protected] - I emailed him and he sent me what I needed.

Last edited: