swap/upgrades to front calipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use a 2 ft. extension on the four 15mm nut's that hold the hydroboost unit on to the firewall, and I use a wrench on the brake pedal bolt, I don't pull any of the dash apart at all. The brake pedal bolt is the hardest part of the whole thing, you can only turn the bolt a little at a time, but with some patience it's no problem. Also you don't have to hold the nut on the brake pedal bolt it is welded on from the factory.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How's the brake pedal feel with a hydroboost setup? is it similar/the same as the factory vacuum boost? Or is it softer/ firmer? I really like the pedal feel my truck has now and I don't want a softer feel but more stopping power is always a good thing.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hydroboost swap's give a nice firm pedal, more firm than these 1/2 ton truck's ever hard to start with.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hydroboost swap's give a nice firm pedal, more firm than these 1/2 ton truck's ever hard to start with.

Great! I'm perfectly fine with a firmer feel. I just don't want a softer or spongy feel.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So which 400's came with Hydroboost? (I'll post some diagrams here in a minute)

1/2 ton truck's with a diesel had it, 3/4 ton truck's had the option of having it, and all 1 ton's had hydroboost, also something I forgot to mention earlier, the 92-94 hydroboost unit including pushrod and brake pedal will not intechange with the 95+ unit. The NBS hydrobosst unit has a different mount stud configuration also and won't mount without mods.